Re: Origin servers temporarily unavailable

by jbkrehe

Original Post

★ Novice

Me too! It’s been saying it for the past hour!

Message 11 of 89 (4,236 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too, hey whats up?

Message 12 of 89 (4,212 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too! I have been having the same issue for the past several days and nobody at EA has been able to resolve it. It first started when I purchased Sims 4 Seasons, and Origin tried to update the base game but it failed and then the EA "help" told me several ways to try and resolve it and nothing worked. When I was told to clear the Cache and reinstall Origin, the application is now saying that the servers are temporarily unavailable and unable to retrieve games. 

I attached both screenshots of the notifications I am getting. I am just more or less frustrated that I just spent 40 bucks on a game and can not get anything to work. It is saying the same error messages on both my iMac and macbook. 

Message 13 of 89 (4,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing happened to me last night too. I went to do a new update and it wouldn’t update my origin, then it wouldn’t open my origin app at all, so I had to relaunch the entire game. Once I got that all done, origin had somehow lost all my games and nothing will fix the problem. I already sent a message explaining what happened but I haven’t heard back from them yet. I have over $400 in Sims games so I’m very upset. 

Message 14 of 89 (4,125 Views)

★★★ Novice

This was happening to me I updated my Mac to high sierra and it fixed it

Message 15 of 89 (4,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this, won't let me update to High Sierra, so that's not going to help.  Hope this resolves soon!

Message 16 of 89 (4,094 Views)

★ Novice
Same! I talked to someone but they said to just "wait some time" and it will be fixed. Are you playing on a mac?
Message 17 of 89 (4,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I updated to high sierra and it started working too! I was so stressed.
Message 18 of 89 (4,075 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still can't connect to BF1 in UK. Great! Peak time, Brexit hasn't happened yet and the lines are cut Disappointed

Message 19 of 89 (4,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here for BF1 in NL, I just wanted to get the 30000 points before tomorrow since the road to BF5 will end...
Message 20 of 89 (4,057 Views)