Re: Error Message when signing into Origin

by meow-meow-hisses

Original Post

Re: "Origin servers temporarily unavailable"

★★ Novice

SAME.

I bought the Sims 4 City Living expansion pack today, have been looking forward to playing all day, but get this error insteadFrown

Message 71 of 322 (1,207 Views)

Re: Origin servers temporarily unavailable - Can't access list of games

★ Guide

@nws1981 wrote:

I realize these are special circumstances but as a community or group of customers we need to use this situation to insist and demand that this system needs to change   it is unacceptable under any circumstance that people who bought a product are unable to use it   this is not ok   we paid and own the right to use the product we purchased   that cannot be restricted and inhibited  

Their biggest mistake is that their "launcher" seems to be a browser, so it must connect to do things it would not need to, like loading the library with your currently installed games, seems like this particular tab is having timeouts, giving us that big of a frustration

Message 72 of 322 (961 Views)

Re: my sims 4 games dissapeared from my origin account

★★★ Apprentice
@5keletor I've been in the chat queue for what feels like forever and it hasn't even budged from "99+"
Message 73 of 322 (689 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@mikrolactaki3 I think it is absolutely absurd that we need to be online and connected to their servers to even access the games we paid for. Once my game library loads, I usually disconnect my internet unless I plan on playing something that requires me to be connected.
Message 74 of 322 (963 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@mikrolactaki3 thanks! Hopefully they'll be back up soon! They should have some covid-19 backup servers :D
Message 75 of 322 (958 Views)

Re: my sims 4 games dissapeared from my origin account

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@MidwestAftermathFrown let us know if you get any answers seems to be happening too alot of users all over the world at the moment.

Message 76 of 322 (713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, and I tried uninstalling Origin "the hard way" and clearing the program data cache. I think their servers are down, but no update on EAHelp Twitter.

Message 77 of 322 (704 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is completely unacceptable. This has been going on for hours now, and not evensomuch as a word from EA. Their social media accounts sit empty, and posts on these forums go ignored. We have always been able to access our games when the launcher is offline, why did this suddenly change? I want access to my games, and I want access NOW.

Message 78 of 322 (948 Views)

Re: "Origin servers temporarily unavailable"

★★★ Novice

I cleared my cache according to these instructions and restarted my pc. I'm still getting the same message: "Origin servers temporarily unavailable". I've been trying for over 1 hour now. Any other suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Message 79 of 322 (1,301 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Origin servers are down globally, no word on these forums or Twitter, and no one is able to reach EA directly. 

Message 80 of 322 (700 Views)