Origin running extremely slow, unable to connect, showing solid white screen.

by Twily-A_Sparkle

Original Post

Origin running extremely slow, unable to connect, showing solid white screen.

★★ Novice

So, for the past several updates of Origin I've had this issue on my Windows 10 computer, I've already submitted a few bug reports on the matter but I suppose this is a good way to show the problem more in depth. When attempting to start the latest version of Origin, or even the installer therefor, I am given an abnormally long start up time, and when the window does finally appear it's a solid white window with nothing in it (see attached image origwhite.png). This stays there for over ten minutes before, in the case of the installer bringing me to the install page, or in the case of the regular application bringing me to another solid white screen and then the login screen with an error message saying "Origin login is currently unavailable" and offering to let me log in in offline mode; if I actually run the installer through it also brings me to that same glitched login screen when the install allegedly completes.

After logging in, which again results in the program taking significantly more time to load than it should, I am once again given nothing but a solid white window that shows nothing but the top bar indicating I am offline.

Here's a list of suggested fixes I've tried that have not worked:

restarting

clearing Origin cache

reinstalling Origin

changing install settings when reinstalling Origin

repairing the vcredist installations

using the full installer rather than thin

removing superfluous USB storage devices

granting exceptions for Origin in my antivirus and firewall

disabling proxies

reinstalling Windows completely(!)

changing the Origin installation location

changing networks

trying different compatibility modes

This issue has been going on for quite some time now, but I actually did find one solution that worked until earlier this week: reinstalling an older version of Origin that lacks this error. That workaround works perfectly fine, it suffers from neither the slow loading nor the white screens, and I was perfectly content using that until earlier this week when it started forcibly setting itself to offline mode after a few minutes of operation, kicking me out of any games in progress and refusing to go back online, telling me that I had to update to the newer, broken version.

As far as I am aware the only potential fix I have not tried is making changes to my computer's hardware, something I am not willing to do for an error that previous editions of Origin do not have with this system.

Message 1 of 1 (177 Views)