Re: Origin refuses to open - Internet connection

by oliwiapie00

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin refuses to open - Internet connection

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ever since the newest Origin update, Origin refuses to open as it apparently cannot connect to the Internet. It states that "Origin installation requires an internet connection, but we were unable to connect to the internet". The problem is that everything is perfectly fine with my connection and any other platform works like usual. I followed all of the steps mentioned on various sites, such as clearing Origin Cache Data, getting rid of any trace of Origin through special programmes, uninstalling and installing the newest version. What’s even weirder, is the fact that Origin runs just fine on my laptop which uses the same router. The customer service mentioned that they have got many contacts experiencing the same server issue and that they are trying to fix it… Is anyone else facing the same issue? Is there any way to fix it or do we have to wait until somone else hopefully fixes it? 

Message 1 of 11 (2,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

Message 8 of 11 (1,818 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Same problem here.

I tried all the solutions from this forum ...

Message 2 of 11 (1,966 Views)

Community Manager

@oliwiapie00 @Lucho77737 Can you check if you have any security running to allow Origin through? Also depending on your platform can you check your proxy settings aren't enabled?

• Windows - Untick the options in LAN Settings (make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server) 
  • Mac - Disable proxy settings 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 11 (1,953 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried all of the suggested options and unfortunately none of that worked for me. My proxy settings aren't enabled. Origin was running just fine until the beginning of September so I have no idea how could this happen. The same announcement still appears every time I try to open Origin - even as an admin. I appreciate your help tho!

Message 4 of 11 (1,936 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. I tried everything including installing Verisign certificate, switching off antivirus and firewall, except Windows reinstall (I have Win 7 and really do not want go for Win 10). All other programs are working, including Battlelog ! Origin support told me to perform manually Windows 7 updates which I do not want to do because one of the updates causes system crash, so I switched off updates many years ago and live happily ever since..

Message 5 of 11 (1,922 Views)

@oliwiapie00 @Lucho77737 and @Jannina_Hofmann  Someone posted useful information on the issue here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Origin-installation-requires-an-internet-connection-e...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 11 (1,912 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your help!

A quick update for people who are still struggling with this issue: I tried the method provided by the user in that thread and contacted the customer service who told me to reset my Internet Explorer settings and restart my PC (huge thanks to customer service, due to the reset I didn't get to thank you properly). I have no idea which one of them did the work but Origin works just fine now! Make sure to try those two methods! 

Message 7 of 11 (1,871 Views)

Message 8 of 11 (1,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 9 of 11 (1,741 Views)

★★ Novice

YES.. ! This worked.. Good job !! Thanks a LOT !!!

Message 10 of 11 (1,722 Views)