Origin "Not Connected" on PC

by bojnbmmjc

Original Post

error we've noticed your computer is currently offline

★ Novice

Every time that I try to play any game on Origin, I get the following message:

Error

we've noticed your computer is currently offline. To activate your game on this computer using your EA account, you'll need to connect to the internet.

I will say first off, that I am not a computer genius, so I would need step by step instructions on how to fix this.

I have tried the following things:

1. uninstalling and reinstalling every single game

2. uninstalling and reinstalling Origin

3. I did a clean boot

4. I have randomly played with settings but not sure which ones to play with

5. Tried both Wifi and wired connections - same issue

6. I have even changed my internet provider...

My computer is quite new and is very much online - I can download the patches for the games, but I can't actually play ANY Origin games. I used to be able to play these games. 

Does anyone know of any solutions that don't require a degree in computer engineering? I can follow directions but don't know a lot of technical terms. I find it odd that I ONLY have this issue with every single Origin game - even the ones purchased through Steam.

I have no problem with Steam or any other game platform. This is very disappointing to me, as I have put a lot of money into Origin games and now can't play any of them. I won't be buying any more until I can find a fix for this. I can't be the only one having this problem.

thanks for any help.

Message 2 of 11 (6,688 Views)

Origin "Not Connected" on PC

★★★ Newbie

I am very much connected to the internet, CD origin wont let me log in. It keeps saying "You are currently offline. Please reconnect to access the full range of features". How do I fix this? I've tried reinstalling different ways sometimes with a PC reboot in between. I've tried deleting all files except for the exe. file because I dont need my old game data. I'm lost! Sos!

Message 1 of 11 (6,668 Views)

Re: error we've noticed your computer is currently offline

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @jfrankannwn.

Best thing to do when this occurs takes a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 11 (6,658 Views)

FIFA 20

★★★ Newbie

I keep getting this message on FIFA 20 that my computer is offline. I've tried everything in previous answers but I've failed. It has been more than 48 hours. Please tell me what to do.

Message 4 of 11 (6,591 Views)

Re: FIFA 20

Community Manager

Hey @salilfifa20 can you try using your phone as a hotspot and connect to it using mobile data to see if you see the same error message?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 11 (6,574 Views)

★ Novice

My fifa21 shows that your computer is currently offline to installing the game

Message 6 of 11 (6,395 Views)

★ Novice

Bro same problem can you fix it...

Message 7 of 11 (6,392 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ashwithsmoke have you tried any of the steps suggested in this thread?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 11 (6,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have completed all T/S steps below, but still get same message when trying to open any games in Origin. Looks like Origin app is connected to internet, but when I try launch a game the no connection error appears. 

Any other T/S tips to complete? 

Message 9 of 11 (4,483 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same error here but with BF3. I try to enter the product key and then get the same error as OP. No 'fixes' work in this thread - what can we do?

Message 10 of 11 (1,709 Views)