Re: Origin: "Could not connect to server. Please try again in a few minutes

by dwiekopy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Now Im having this problem. it was working fine and suddenly cannot connect. I dont understand. Cannot use error reporter as well. Tried every stupid step and it didn`t help. Please help

UPDATE: false alarm. it was my mistake. sorry bout that Standard smile

Message 101 of 254 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

yeah well mine is still broke, I feel like I'm about to give up. It all started when i changed my router and my ip changed now I cant access origin at all from the DRM.I've done everything I could find to try and fix it and nothing. including forwarding ports TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900 , made sure lan proxy is off, firewall is off AV is off  deleted the chache in Programdata , even did a complete clean install of Origin and deleted my windows cache. the only real thing keeping me sane is knowing I'm not the only one having the exact same problem with EA.   https://downdetector.com/status/origin   ...... enough said

Message 102 of 254 (1,279 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Report ID : 0795b7b58000ef50

Message 103 of 254 (1,153 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Seems like EA has abandoned us. **bleep** **bleep**, to say the least. I payed a good amount of money for games I can't play!

Message 104 of 254 (1,117 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same problem: 2 days ago all was fine, but now I got exactly the same problem as in initial post.

BTW, steam works fine.

I still not see any solutions for this problem.

Message 105 of 254 (1,074 Views)

★★ Novice

:womanfrustrated: I keep getting Error: 196613:22. This has been going on for 4 days now and still no joy. I've sent numerous error reports and all I get is dead silence. Not doing well on this one, guys.  :womansad:Confusedmileymad:

Message 106 of 254 (1,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My report id is: 07ae959670016102

And as a hint for what I have done since it last worked, as it might help in the process of finding what's causing this error. The only thing I've done/installed since it last worked, was installing RavenDB and Git, I doubt Git could have anything to do with it, but RavenDB maybe could in a worst case scenario? I've disabled the RavenDB service without success on the other hand.

EDIT: I just misstyped my pw when logging in, and it does know that I typed the wrong pw. So it seems like it is connecting after all. On the other hand, fiddler shows no connections from Origin at all during login process. But as I'm running win8.1 it could be hidden for fiddler as well.

EDIT 2: I did a restore to a restore point from before I installed RavenDB and Git, and it was also a date from which I have played BF4 successfully after, and I still have the same problem. So the installations mentioned in first "EDIT" are ruled out as the source of the problem, so are any windows updates or the likes.

As I have battlereports from the same date, and the day after my current restore point this version of my system + Origin did work flawlessly. This means the problem must be on the ISP end or, and most likely at EA/Origin.
I've tried reseting my router, no changes, got the same IP as I've had for months, no changes of DNS either. Speedtest.net shows 2ms 93.1/10.2 Mbps of my 100/10 connection and all other services works flawless.

EDIT 3: --------------------------------------- POSSIBLE SOLUTION/WORKAROUND --- KIND OF! ---------------------------------------

I guess this comes down to the old akamai problem where we couldn't download our games, or at least it was slow as 1990's internet.

What I did was activated an anonymous serivce, for me one is included from swedish ISP Bahnhof, called LEX-Integrity, but any one of these services would do I guess, eg. Anonine.

Tech talk about what that does: What happens is my IP becomes "invisible" and instead my traffic goes thru a server hence that server's IP is shown instead. In this case that most likely means EA thinks you're somewhere else (geographically) and sends you to a different server than they usually connect you too. (Most big services with connections from all over the world, like Origin, uses CDN's wich are servers distributed around the world, so that if you live in London you're not connected to a server on the other side of the world, that would be slow).

After I activated my anonymous service I got a new external IP (at least in the eyes of Origin) wich then most likely sent me to another of their servers and now everything works fine.

Message 107 of 254 (1,042 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeh same problem..worked yesterday no problem..but after Orign hade some issues yesterday...today i cant login..couldnt login on server.

Message 108 of 254 (998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Report ID: 07aedfe3700162ff

Message 109 of 254 (947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Report id: 07af048c8001619f

Message 110 of 254 (1,101 Views)