Origin preventing windows shutdown windows 10

by 50d063260aa765da

Original Post

Re: Origin preventing windows shutdown windows 10

★★★ Expert

That can happen for several reasons.

Invalid or empty registry keys sometimes cause that. You can clean your registry with CCleaner

A virus, malware or simply a bad program can cause another program to do that by staying in memory when you close the other program. Run a virus scan and, if you recently installed anything that might be questionable, like freeware, mods for games etc... remove them and see if it stops the problem.

Virtual memory settings can be too low and cause that error as well. You can look on the Mircrosft site for instructions on increasing that.

Rarely it is a hardware problem due to bad RAM, you also find instructions to check your RAM on the Mircrosft site. Not that doing that will take some time but, it will also assure you that your RAM is okay, and it's just a settings or software problem.

Message 11 of 184 (7,274 Views)

Re: origin client preventing shutdown win 10

★ Novice

Thanks but that would cause a lengthy process it is just a bloody nuisance and I can just click ok,  it does not happen in sleep mode so sticking to that  any other suggestions very welcome

Message 12 of 184 (8,935 Views)

★★★ Expert

@cadaver616 Mine did that too, for me the problem was not having enough virtual memory allocated - letting Windows manage it was not enough, I had to manually allocate more. The Microsoft site will have instructions for changing virtual memory settings for your version of Windows, if you want to do that.

Minimum should be at least what it will say is recommend in those settings and maximum should match the amount of RAM you have if you are manually allocating virtual memory.

Message 13 of 184 (5,749 Views)

★ Novice

Solved the problem but first I shall mention the times that Origin and EA have never replied to my problems ,I keep a log and since my installing Origin 65 times. the first forever having to sign in after updates or whatever. now for my last gripe they never replied to as you know on shutting down I got a exception re memory bloody annoying to have to click ok to shut that down ,however the answer is now simple but Origin don't give a s't,  just exit (in Origin) but you will always have to put your password in when you open again but that's the only way. Thanks Origin for a * application I will try and put them on a stable platform Like steam

Message 14 of 184 (5,734 Views)

★★★★ Novice

DarkAmaranth1966, I appreciate reply, but this a one month old setup and have had it from the first day.

I'm also IT professional and a 100% sure there is no malware on my pc.

Im also not the only one complaining about this issue, just hoped supplying the correct error code and screenshot, that EA would finally fix this issue, as it is a pretty annoying bug that exists for quite some time now!

I have 16GB of ram, that is working with out any errors, tested again and ran a benchmark, just to be sure.

Just to be shure, I will CCleaner once, I keep you posted.

Message 15 of 184 (7,244 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Running Ccleaner on both system and registry seems to have solved the problem, at least on a quick boot and shutdown test, hope it keeps fixed even after leaving pc on for longer time.

Thinking it may also be related to the standby functionality, I keep you all posted
Message 16 of 184 (44,813 Views)

★★★ Expert

@50d063260aa765da Thank you for helping out and posting your solution. Let's hope it stays fixed with a simple registry clean up. Standard smile

Message 17 of 184 (7,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Looks like it is not fixed yet, Frown 

The instruction at 0x00000000627D4BA3 refernced memory at 0x0000000002EA0C90. The memory could not be read

Message 18 of 184 (7,205 Views)

★★★★ Novice

how do i REOPEN?

Message 19 of 184 (7,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been getting this same error with the new Origin client.  Win 10 x64 w/ 16gb of ram, no malware, and running ccleaner has not fixed it.  The only way to prevent it is to manually close Origin before I shutdown my PC. If I forget to close it and walk away, my PC doesn't shutdown. This is unacceptable.  Is anyone from EA looking into a fix for this issue?

Message 20 of 184 (7,156 Views)