Re: Origin preventing windows shutdown windows 10

by Pupsvogel_DE

Original Post

Re: origin client preventing shutdown win 10

★★★ Newbie

Hi I solved uninstalling asus drivers and using UNi-Xonar-W10-1825-v1.81a-r2, if you use GUI C-panel the error seems to disappear. You can use also the installation setting LOW DPC that use only drivers and you can call C-panel or ASUS interface by meenu start.

I hope this can help.

Message 151 of 184 (2,123 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Jesus wept, its 2018, politeness went out of the window years ago, your a company selling * not doing us all some kind of favour, fix this already for gods sake.  

Message 152 of 184 (2,034 Views)

★ Novice

Still having this issues, need to close origin before shutting down the PC. Otherwise i'm stuck with the error and the PC won't shutdown. Always a fun thing to see in the morning when you thought you powered off the pc before gong to bed.

Message 153 of 184 (1,793 Views)

★ Novice
I've done multiple re-installs and checked all my hardware thoroughly. I did a fresh install of Windows this week, and I was really hopeful the error would be gone... It's incredible that an error that effects so many users has still not been fixed...
Message 154 of 184 (1,682 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I think what's more annoying is that this same shutdown issue is preventing my computer from going to sleep properly. I have to manually shut it down or put it to sleep. Very frustrating that there's no fix months later.

Message 155 of 184 (2,313 Views)

★★ Novice

Same error here, every shutdown or reboot leads to Origin crashing.

Message 156 of 184 (2,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What a sh it company!
Since I bought BF5 some week ago I have a delayed shutdown because of origin and they don't fix this bug which is known since months regarding to this post and now they seem to dont even bother anwering anymore!
I bought so many EA games in my life even before the Internet era but now I'm pretty disappointed!

Message 157 of 184 (2,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I think here are some solutions for people who get bothered by this message of delay....

To remove the message:
https://www.askvg.com/windows-tip-disable-this-app-is-preventing-shutdown-or-restart-screen/

To auto end tasks quicker (only win 7 tutorial but might work on win10 as well):

https://www.win-tipps-tweaks.de/cms/windows-7-tipps/tricks/windows-7-schneller-herunterfahren.html

(translaate to english by using google if you don't understand German)

Another Idea I did not test but will later is to disable the origin helper service in the origin settings. I think this could possibly be the reason. Tell me if it works for you.

Message 158 of 184 (2,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

April 1st 2020. This error still exists. Origin is a joke

Message 159 of 184 (1,613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

May 1st 2020 and it's still happening. Origin is coded by a bunch of losers who got F grades on their software course

Message 160 of 184 (1,520 Views)