Re: origin client preventing shutdown win 10

★★★ Apprentice

Yep, we didn't forget. Hope will be fixed ASAP

Message 121 of 184 (1,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Perhaps you could stop "actively looking at the issue"

And start escalating the ticket that you left for an entire year.

Your app prevents thousands of users from shutting windows down... !!!! How serious an issue do you want!

When I need to reboot into Linux to do development,  I need to hard reset which can cause premature drive failure... Your responsible for this. Your software damages peoples hardware and you've left the issue for a year claiming *work arounds* are a "solution"

I'm constantly befuddled as a Dev myself what garbage you guys tell the general public. Its ludicrous. If anyone tried to get away with these excuses in a private company/consultancy to a client  they wouldn't be around long.

Message 122 of 184 (1,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I had the same issue, fixed it by creating a script at windows shutdown:

- run gpedit.msc

- go to User Configuration\Windows Settings\Scripts (logon/logoff)

- open logoff

- add a script with: taskkill /f /im Origin.exe /t

At windows shutdown, you will still have the message of Ori-suck-gin blocking the process, but in few seconds (2~3 on my side), the program will be killed and windows will close as if EA devs were good ones.

If you can't access the group policy editor (gpedit), look up on the internet, there are plenty of tutorials to so with windows 8/10 home edition.

Message 123 of 184 (1,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Tom

Hi Tom

It's very hard to understand the current state of the issue Standard smile (having 12 pages).

I want to explane my experience with the same memory error on windows 10 shutdonw/restart:
I have ASUS Xonar card & Origin memory access error, but initially I got the same memory error on Skype closing (Origin was not started).
Finally I was getting 2 memory access errors: Origin & Skype Standard smile each reboot/shutdown.

Solution with disabling of both
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\HsMgr.exe
C:\Windows\System\HsMgr64.exe
on windows startup really prevents both memory errors on my Windows 10.

So It looks like Origin is clear from suspicion!

Thanks,
Serhiy

Message 124 of 184 (1,312 Views)

★ Apprentice

@up

You are right. But this process are rosponsible for Asus Xonar audio cards. If closed You loose some functions.

But does it mean that Asus should repair app? Maybe becasue (in my case) driver & software is form 2015 (and its sill BETA)... :-(

Message 125 of 184 (1,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Breaf search shows that it is also used by set of other cards, not only ASUS.

See first user comment here https://www.file.net/process/hsmgr.exe.html - it explains the usage of this managers.
Expand all comments and look at numerous brands/types of cards involved.

So it seem the root of the problem is usual - MS Standard smile

Message 126 of 184 (1,298 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I really think there should be ANOTHER thread to discuss Memory errors issue with Origin.

Unfortunately the two issues:

1) unnecessary wait time when Windows is shutting down caused by Origin running (always reproducible on every machine)

2) crash with mem errors on exit for some users

have been mixed in this only one thread creating a lot of confusion.

Message 127 of 184 (1,259 Views)

Re: Origin preventing windows shutdown windows 10

★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys

I have the same problem and I just reinstalled windows (absolute clean method with format c) and problem didn’t gone

And now I have resolved this problem with a very simple solution.

I just run Origin “as administrator” and its worked!

Then I set in compatibility options always run as administrator and I dont see any errors while reboot

Hope it will be helpful

Message 128 of 184 (1,998 Views)

★★ Novice
I have a brand new windows 10 install on a fully new computer. I had steam and pubg installed and running fine then i preordered battlefront 2, had to download origin (*!) now my pc is suffering from the same problem as all these posts!!! Solve your issues!!!!
Message 129 of 184 (1,880 Views)

★★★ Novice

@bedroparis15 wrote:

Hi,

I had the same issue, fixed it by creating a script at windows shutdown:

- run gpedit.msc

- go to User Configuration\Windows Settings\Scripts (logon/logoff)

- open logoff

- add a script with: taskkill /f /im Origin.exe /t

At windows shutdown, you will still have the message of Ori-suck-gin blocking the process, but in few seconds (2~3 on my side), the program will be killed and windows will close as if EA devs were good ones.

If you can't access the group policy editor (gpedit), look up on the internet, there are plenty of tutorials to so with windows 8/10 home edition.

Best solution so far. Thanks!

EA, fix your *!

Message 130 of 184 (1,843 Views)