Re: Origin preventing windows shutdown windows 10

by KMBak

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Ofcourse. Its not done yet. Problem still is on my hardware too. Two computers. Two with Windows 10 (one Home and one Pro). Both with Xonar cards.

Message 111 of 184 (4,142 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
There is much confusion in this thread because we're discussing 2 different issues:
1. Crash on shutdown (due to specific software configs or messed up system fixable in various ways fixing registry or disabling some software)
2. Universal minor problem with Windows claiming it can't close Origin.exe on shutdown (wait a few more seconds and will be closed)

Users should explain to which kind off issue they refer...
Personally I've never had crashes on shutdown with Origin, just the 2nd minor issue is reproducible for me.
Message 112 of 184 (4,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've been having the same Error message since origin done there main update - (the one that change the way it looked) 

I have just clean installed my PC W10 x64 16DDR and I have a asus Xonar card in my PC also ---

Funny thing my PC seem to close down fine with Origin open for the first couple of Shut down -- and now I'm getting the same error message -- again -- like before the clean install -- 

If this can be fixed as its a PAIN --- to have to stand by your PC and click a Button to get you PC close ---

Or is there anyway to revert BACK to the OLD Origin Drivers -- so that it resolve this problem for the time being --- will you look into this and fix it? 

The ERROR i'm getting is the Memory Error as stated in this post chain.  Which in turn is causing the PC not to shut down --- = it then pops up an Origin Error message that you have to click for the PC to be able to Close down.  

Many thanks 

apex40000

Message 113 of 184 (4,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My workaround was the following:

1) Close Origin if you have it Open

2)  Right-click on the Origin Shortcut. --> Properties

3) Compatibility---> Choose Windows XP

4) Now run Origin again,

5) It will now download a new (old) client, since it thinks it's running Windows XP.

6) Let it finish and once you got into the client go to "Origin->Application Settings" and uncheck "Keep Origin up to date"

Now close the client, follow steps 2+3 but remove the "compatibility" flag. Your client will now run in native mode, but keep the old version. While it still slows shutdown for me, no nasty error-message is displayed; whit this client you can choose to have origin close automatically when the game application is closed.

Really bad software right there and one of the reasons why PC gaming is still lacking in comparison to consoles on a "User Experience"-level.

FIX IT EA!

System:

Core i7 2600K

16GB Ram

GTX 970

Asus Xonar X1 (PCI-Soundcard) <--- Software for this is the conflicting part alright. (Hsmgr,exe/hsmgr64.exe <---- Needed for legacy EAX supprt)

Message 114 of 184 (3,930 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have the same problem. I tried running CCleaner like you said but it did not fix my problem. Interesting thing is, when I closed some programs running in the background my error code changed?

First it was:

The instruction at 0x000000005e65e1f3
referenced memory at 0x00000000002b0e78
The memory could not be read

Then after closing some programs running in the background, it changed to:

The instruction at 0x0000000060aee1f3 
referenced memory at 0x0000000002c50e78
The memory could not be read

I also have a Xonar sound card, but closing this had no effect.

I took pictures but cannot attach the files because they are too large? Come on Origin

Attached is a picture of my startup programs, if that helps anyone.

Message 115 of 184 (3,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Straatford87

The solution to this thread doesnt work. Also the person who posted the solution, HSKEN, later admitted he was still having the problem! Please remove the false solution, Thank you.

Message 116 of 184 (3,898 Views)

Re: origin client preventing shutdown win 10

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Yes, if you close Origin before you shutdown the computer, the error goes away, because its a error with the Origin program. If Origin is not running before I shutdown my computer, there is no Origin error

But this is not a solution to the problem. The problem is with the Origin App. That would be like saying, if your car makes a noise when you drive it, the solution is not to drive it.

The solution is to patch the app so it stops causing errors when we shutdown. Not to be mean, but if you let run my game on Steam, without opening the Origin app, that too would solve the problem. But you wouldnt suggest I do that? So clearly the problem is with Origin. We shouldnt have to close Origin before shutting down the computer.

Some people think Origin is taking too long to close, that is what is causing the error.

Message 117 of 184 (3,893 Views)

EA DICE Team

@NotableNoob

Thank you for calling out the false solution. I've removed it Standard smile

In the meantime, I can confirm that we are actively looking into this issue. I will add updates to this thread once I have more information.

Kind regards,

Message 118 of 184 (3,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Message 119 of 184 (3,755 Views)

EA DICE Team

@McQuackleton

Hi,

I can confirm that this is still on our radar, but a fix has been pushed back due to other high-priority bugs and updates. We hope to have this resolved in the coming month, but that is still subject to change.

Thanks for checking in!

Message 120 of 184 (3,749 Views)