Re: origin client preventing shutdown win 10

by AustinTexas27

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin preventing windows shutdown windows 10

★★★★ Novice

Everytime I shutdown PC I get this error:

The instruction at 0x0000000062D84BA3 refernced memory at 0x0000000002490C90. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program

Client: Version 10.1.1.35466 - 0

Windows: 10 Pro X64 version 1607 build 14393.222

Please some help?

Message 10 of 184 (43,104 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin preventing windows shutdown windows 10

★★★★ Novice
Running Ccleaner on both system and registry seems to have solved the problem, at least on a quick boot and shutdown test, hope it keeps fixed even after leaving pc on for longer time.

Thinking it may also be related to the standby functionality, I keep you all posted

View in thread

Message 16 of 184 (44,674 Views)

All Replies

origin client preventing shutdown win 10

★★★ Novice

Hi guys,

On my win10 pro x64 computer I have problems that origin client preventing shutdown of computer. What could cause this issue?

Thx.

Message 1 of 184 (45,024 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, Austin here. I see many others are having this issue. I recommend manually closing out of the Origin tab in the bottom right task bar of windows. Also, one way you can do this is by operating the task manager.

TASK MANAGER:

1) Hold down the keys control, alt, and delete as you would during login on starting your computer.

2) A menu will then open up.

3) Select the Task Manager.

4) A small window will open up, showing you a menu of all apps running at the moment.

5) Select the 'Origin' App, then at the bottom right of that select 'End Task'.

6) This will shut down Origin, and you are now able to shut down without origin being open.

If this is still continuing to happen, I know it could be frustrating but you could manually restart your computer and try again. You should also have the option to 'Shut Down Anyway', When on the shut down screen.

Message 2 of 184 (45,011 Views)

EA DICE Team

@keltny

Can you let us know if the suggestion provided by @AustinTexas27 solved your issue?

Message 3 of 184 (44,997 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am getting this problem with the new Origin client. When shutting down Windows, Origin crashes and Windows spits out a crash message. I don't think manually closing Origin before shutting down the computer would be the solution. Happened when Origin client was updated to Version 10.0.1.31806 - 490558

Message 4 of 184 (44,875 Views)

EA DICE Team

@M4xXxPH

Try running a clean boot and check if this is happening in combination with any other programs that are running on your system.

Message 5 of 184 (44,849 Views)

★ Novice

Not so much total prevention i can close by clicking on finish but this happens even if i have not used the Application. Message on restart or shut down reads ------Origin exe Application error  Instruction------- 0x0000000008004bba3   Referenced at      0x0000000002cc04a0------The memory could not be read.

Message 6 of 184 (44,755 Views)

★★★ Expert

@cadaver616, That MIGHT, and I emphasize MIGHT, be due to bad or near failing RAM so, let's check that first. This will take a while so, you might want to do it overnight.

The first thing to do is check your RAM. Test your RAM in Windows

See what the results of that are, if it's okay then we can try some other things to get rid of that error.

Message 7 of 184 (44,751 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks' for the speedy reply memory tested by app' I have installed works fine and no problems on very heavy memory use games and graphics it only happens with Origin on shut down, not sure this happed once on first install of win 10 and involved was Skype. We have just had the new update suppose could try a rollback ,I will see once I get more feedback it's not a drastic thing just a bugger to have it there.

Message 8 of 184 (44,737 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Straatford87, I did a full re-install of the OS and this does not happen anymore. Well, I was bound to do a full re-install anyways as I replaced my SSD and GPU. Thanks!

Message 9 of 184 (44,734 Views)