Origin overlay appearing when disabled

by NinjAsaya

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin overlay appearing when disabled

★★★★★ Novice

Since last patch when I lunch apex the origin overlay appear while I play even if it's disabled in the settings. This is a big deal since that overlay cost me around 15-20 fps (im already struggling to have decent fps) and I mean it's supposed to be disabled anyway.

Message 1 of 7 (3,394 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin overlay appearing when disabled

★★★★★ Novice

Found the fix for it seems like they added an option in game settings. So in your game library just click on apex ---> game settings---->game propertiesand the n theres a checkbox for enable/disable the origin overlay in game.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (3,372 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
@NinjAsaya I am now unabled to play the game cause im running extremely low fps instead of around unstable 80-90ish
Message 2 of 7 (3,377 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Found the fix for it seems like they added an option in game settings. So in your game library just click on apex ---> game settings---->game propertiesand the n theres a checkbox for enable/disable the origin overlay in game.

Message 3 of 7 (3,373 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@NinjAsaya I had the same problem. Although Origin ingame was disabled, I had to disable it with your answer above.
Thanks
Message 4 of 7 (3,356 Views)

★★ Novice
@NinjAsaya me as well thank you!
Message 5 of 7 (3,288 Views)

★★ Novice

although I'm frankly kind of shocked that they give you a high level, app-wide (origin) option to turn off in-game in the "application settings", but then the individual game options overrides this?  Hopefully this is just a bug - seems like it should be the other way around?

Message 6 of 7 (3,285 Views)

★★★★ Novice

tHAT IS A BIT SNEAKY OF THEM, IT MADE MY GAME CRASH TO DESKTOP EVERY TIME IT POPPED UP , DID PAGE FILE AND DRIVER UPDATE BEFORE I STUMBLED ON YOUR ANSWER, PRETTY POOR OF THEM

Message 7 of 7 (2,860 Views)