Origin overlay and friends list not working in Titanfall 2.

by Striker21111

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin overlay and friends list not working in Titanfall 2.

★ Novice

When I try to open my friends list I just get a completely empty white window (similar to the size of the friends list), and the most recent time I tried, the entire overlay crashed.

On a side note, I manually opened the origin launcher and when I launch Titanfall I get that there was an error displaying this page. Not really sure what is causing all of this, but it makes joining games with friends somewhat difficult.

The friends list worked when I first got Titanfall 2 but stopped working after a few uses. I am currently running it on an MSI Laptop through Steam.

Message 1 of 4 (855 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin overlay and friends list not working in Titanfall 2.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I was unable to go through these steps completely as Origin as an app was not showing up anywhere on my computer to be able to launch as admin... The only way I could open it would be by running the Origin installer or launching it from Steam.

However, I was able to Uninstall it via the Add & Remove Programs settings window, and then reinstall a clean copy from the installer that I downloaded off of the Origin website.

I have now launched Titanfall 2 and everything appears to be working fine, but then again, it did work at first last time too so I will update you if the issue returns at a later date.

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (797 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Striker21111.

Best thing to do when this occurs takes a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I was unable to go through these steps completely as Origin as an app was not showing up anywhere on my computer to be able to launch as admin... The only way I could open it would be by running the Origin installer or launching it from Steam.

However, I was able to Uninstall it via the Add & Remove Programs settings window, and then reinstall a clean copy from the installer that I downloaded off of the Origin website.

I have now launched Titanfall 2 and everything appears to be working fine, but then again, it did work at first last time too so I will update you if the issue returns at a later date.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4 (798 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it's working @Striker21111.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (766 Views)