Origin opening and then instant crashing...

by DaManD123

Original Post

Origin opening and then instant crashing...

★★★★ Novice

Origin opens and loads and then instant crashes. I've tried reinstalling it multiple times, running it as admin but nothing works. UAC is set 1 above the bottom so can't be that. Any help would be really appreciated as unable to use any of my games.

Message 1 of 13 (766 Views)

Re: Origin opening and then instant crashing...

Community Manager

Hi @DaManD123,

When you have a chance would you be able to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch the Origin client? That way if there's anything else running alongside Origin that might be causing the crashes that may help narrow it down. 

For more info on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know if you're still having any problems starting up the client again after that. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 13 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Made no difference. It suggests to add an MSInfo report so I've attached that. Hopefully this helps

[Admin - removed attachment. An MSINFO has some data that we wouldn't want to be shared publicly] 

Message 3 of 13 (675 Views)

Community Manager

@DaManD123 

Thanks for giving it a shot. Could you also try clearing out the Origin cache to see if that helps? If there's an issue with the cached data that may help with this. 

For more info on how to clear the cache check out the EA Help website. Let me know if that helps at all. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 13 (636 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Kent,

I have done this before but did it again as suggested. Still made no difference.

/DaManD

Message 5 of 13 (615 Views)

Community Manager

@DaManD123 

Thanks for giving it a shot. What happens if you create a new user admin account in Windows and try launching Origin from there? For more info on how to set up a new user account check out the Microsoft support website

Let me know if you're still running into the same issue when you're trying to launch the Origin client in the new account. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 13 (584 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Kent,

No difference at all sorry.

/DaManD

Message 7 of 13 (565 Views)

Community Manager

@DaManD123 

Thank you for giving it a shot. Can we try setting up a Clean Boot to see if it helps at all? If there's something else running in the background that's preventing Origin from running that may help us get around it. 

For more information on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 13 (546 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I tried that multiple times with no difference.

/DaManD

Message 9 of 13 (523 Views)

Community Manager

@DaManD123 

Hmm, I see. Can you test something else for me? Try creating a new admin user in Windows and launch Origin through that account. For more info on how to set up a new user check out the Microsoft Support Website

Let me know if it still crashes the same way when you're on a different Windows admin user. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 13 (495 Views)