Re: Origin only shows grey boxes

by Rosey6602

Original Post

Origin only shows grey boxes

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello there!! I've had the following problem for 2 days now. I load origin, I log in and after that it only shows grey boxes where the games should be. I looked for a solution on here and I've tried everything ( hard uninstall, clearing the cache, spamming ctrl+ R ) but nothing works. I bought the latest Sims gamepack (island living) and when I went to open the app to download it it updated and has been doing that ever since. I am extremely annoyed that I can't play my game. I have (like so many others) given so much money to this company only to not be able to use what I paid for because of their stupid app. It was better when that thing wasn't involved. However, since it is, if anyone could help me fix this thing I would be grateful. And thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Message 1 of 3 (285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

You aren’t alone. I’ve been having the same problem off and on for quite some time. The only thing that I have found to work is make sure your adobe flash player is up to date. I have mine up to date and it’s still fighting me. Origin worked for me on Monday so I preordered island living and haven’t been able to play either or even download it. I’ve made sure origin wasn’t in compatibility mode. I’ve tried reinstalling origin twice and I tried clearing the cache like one of the other threads on the forum said to do. All to no avail. I don’t see any fixes thus far. If anyone has any info on this issue, please help us.

Message 2 of 3 (242 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update... origin is still the same but I was able to get the sims 4 to open regardless of that. If you pin the sims 4  to your main screen and select it from there as long as nothing is trying to download in origin it will open and be playable!!! 

Message 3 of 3 (193 Views)