Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by Bruailen

Original Post

Re: Origin won't go online

★ Novice

I'm on Win10, and I haven't been able to login at all since an update around the start of the year. I try every so often. I tell origin to open and then go do other things. *Sometimes*, a few hours later, the origin login window opens with the 'online login unavailable' message at the top. I've tried several fresh installs. I've tried turning my firewall off, partly and entirely. I've tried emptying/refreshing cache. I've tried manual registry modification. I've checked my time and timezone. I've tried launching from within chrome. Nothing works.

Except, I did try going back to an earlier version of origin. That worked. Until I wanted to update a game to play it, at which point it forced me to update Origin putting me back where I started.

And it's just origin. Everything else. Steam etc. Everything else works perfectly fine. I'm getting really p#'d off that I have games I can't play, offline or online just because of this awful client software that as long as I can remember has always required extra effort to get working. In the past at least the fresh install would work after a couple of attempts. Now it's just completely unusable.

I'll take further advice but really, I feel EA should just make their digital games accessible via another method.

Message 801 of 810 (1,969 Views)

Re: origin doesn't work

★★★ Newbie
Synchronizing the date and time worked for me. Thanks.
Message 802 of 810 (1,921 Views)

Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi I tried this but it didn't work. Maybe I'm missing something, did you have to uninstall it in a special way or select something else when reinstalling it?

Message 803 of 810 (1,702 Views)

Re: Online login is currently unavailable.

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm on PC. Origin worked fine until the update. I've rebooted, checked the proxy was not selected, reviewed firewall, disabled pop-up blocker, fixed my clock, uninstalled and reinstalled twice, rebooted again and NOTHING. I keep getting either "cannot connect to server" or "service temporarily unavailable, try again later". I can still connect to Origin online, so it's nothing to do with my account, and once it actually opened the app but it said I was in offline mode and forced me to log in but then kicked me out again.

Message 804 of 810 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does anyone know an answer for Mac? This happened to me around the end of April. When I open origin it either " you must be online when logging in for the first time" or "Origin login is currently unavailable". I have tried clearing my cache, using origin trouble shooter, reseting all of the things that relate to origin/ downloading the reset tool, restarting my Mac, checking the firewall, making sure cookies are allowed, checking my wifi status/ resetting my router, deleting everything that revolves around origin off my Mac, clearing my safari cache. Im at a standstill I am starting to get mad because Ive put money into these games and cannot play them.

Message 805 of 810 (1,650 Views)

@lekavictoria  Do you have a proxy enabled?  That can block Origin from connecting properly.  Here's how to check:

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=135932

It's a good idea to run the Origin reset tool again as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 806 of 810 (1,616 Views)

★ Novice

the reset tool worked for me! Thank you, I've been trying to sort this out for hours 

Message 807 of 810 (1,407 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What reset tool? I cannot find the beginning of this thread.  

Message 808 of 810 (1,368 Views)

@KatMagic1985  This is the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 809 of 810 (1,726 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey all,

This threads is over a year old, and is no longer relevant. For example, what has been reported in this thread may have been related to resolved outages.

I'd recommend to check any of the available solutions if you still experience the issue. If you can't find any, please create a new thread - I'll close this one.

Thank you,

Message 810 of 810 (1,716 Views)