Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by Bruailen

Original Post

Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

★★★ Apprentice

still not fixed lol what a joke. thats why they tried to move over to steam. wont get a penny out of me

Message 771 of 810 (1,610 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just got BF5 and I am having this same issue.  I found some workarounds after doing some searching, clearing cache, flushing dns, stuff like that.  It will work but only temporary.  

Once I do the workarounds, I can login and the game will load but it will ask for an update and have to do it to do multiplayer.  Once I do that, the next time I try to login, it will do it all over again, very frustrating.  

Message 772 of 810 (1,589 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This will not apply to everyone.  But I may have found a solution for this issue, at least for me.  I was having the same issue since I got the game.  Talked to EA few times and nothing they told me to do worked.  Well while I was doing a live chat, I thought of something.  The game and origin was installed on 2 different drives, origin on windows drive, game on storage drive.  

I uninstalled both origin and game, ran ccleaner, reinstalled them both on the storage drive.  Since I have done that, I have not had any issues so far.  Now I have not played that much since then.  But for now, it seems to be good.  

Now not sure what was the exact fix, running ccleaner or reinstalling on same drive or both.  

Message 773 of 810 (1,568 Views)

Re: Origin client says online login is currently unavailable

★★★ Newbie

I could not log in to origin web site with chrome. I got the same message everyone else is getting.

I then used AVG browser and it worked. so problem was in chrome.

I rechecked chrome settings and turned on 3rd party cookies. chrome login to origin web site now works...

Message 774 of 810 (1,538 Views)

Re: Origin client says online login is currently unavailable

★★★★ Novice

Well I thought it was fixed but it started happening again.  Installing both on same drive allowed it to work just for a few days.  Still looking for a solution

Message 775 of 810 (1,535 Views)

Re: Online login is currently unavailable.

★★★ Newbie
Message 776 of 810 (1,349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

ive tried all the fixes of the members on this thread none of them work. but what worked for me is unplugging any USB hard drives even Card readers you have on your computer then origin started to work online for me.

Message 777 of 810 (1,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the problem as well, I had to update Origin itself (I had auto-update OFF)
Message 778 of 810 (1,096 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys... I know if frustrating but here is something that works for me. Because I know the fixes that the community managers give and the solutions on YouTube nearly never work.

Go to 

Adjust date/ time (by right clicking on the time and date)

Click on language 

Select English (US) - if it's on the recommended or deflaut just change it to English (US)

Open orgin 

If it doesn't want you to login in 

- open and close orgin about 3/4 times and that message will be gone.

This works for me all the time

I hope it works for you 

Message 779 of 810 (2,882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem. I right clicked on origin then went down to trouble shooting and went through the steps and that worked for me.

Message 780 of 810 (2,851 Views)