Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by Bruailen

Original Post

Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

★ Novice

Such a bizzare thing but yes, unplugging a USB thumb drive solved the issue for me.

Message 471 of 810 (653 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok guys this is what I found was the only thing that worked for me besides downloading the old version 41.  Again this is not a permanent fix and a permanent solution still needs to be found by the Dev team. I had to go to my task bar in bottom right hand corner of my computer screen and click on the safely remove hardware icon.  Now even though nothing was in these drives I had the option to safely remove like 3 things listed so I ejected these "fake" drives.  I then restarted my origin. Didn't even need to restart computer just restarted origin.  And BAM origin was working again with the latest update on. Now here's the problem. After I eject these fake drives it tells me my drives are in a state of error and no flash drives I put in them will read until I restart my computer.  But when I restart my computer the drives work again but not Origin this is why I say this is NOT a permanent fix. I shouldn't have to choose between Origin working and my flash drives working.

I hope this helps anyone. Because this has been hell..lol

Message 472 of 810 (625 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have tried everything listed here. am starting to feel that it was made my origin or they just don want some users to use their sh!ty service.

Message 473 of 810 (603 Views)

★★ Novice

this is bull and if its not fixed before my battlepass and my origin pass are over i want a full refund. cause this not on EA. this is a major issue that doesnt get fixed no matter what you do

PLEASE FIX THIS CRAP I HAVE BEEN NICE TILL NOW. i think alot of people can agree and this is unacceptable. we pay EA for all the games and passes etc, and they cant even fix this within a month come on EA

Message 474 of 810 (870 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The long and short of it is that there's a problem with THEIR client, so don't sweat it.....  I figured this as it stopped storing IP addresses on a permanent basis (you restart PC and suddenly you are offline?) I believe this is to do with their server, but this is only a theory, we won't know til (if) we get a real answer...  The sad fact is you must reinstall Origin, this is the only fix that EA support has gave me.....  Nothing else.  So for now this shall have to do, I think it may be a problem either logging IP addresses on new version OR it could be antivirus such as windows defender, so check these have permissions to send and receive data from the Origin client, apart from this I can not think of anything.....  Unless the new client is missing files it needs!  But for now we are in the dark and can only reinstall if we are unlucky and got the bug....  But hey, reinstalling for 10 minutes to play a game for 6 hours isn't that bad....  Right?

Message 475 of 810 (873 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I did everything from a to z and still can let this program to work. could anyone help me with this problem?

I don't understand why I only get this error on my current location. I searched inside the codes of the program and I do believe that this error is made by EA. Origin knows my IP address but when I change it using a VPN the program would run without any problem.

is this error made on purpose to stop some users from using origin, I don't know but it seems like it!
Message 476 of 810 (878 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Appletreezerz I think that origin made this on purpose to prevent users from their service, i have tried everything to solve it but nothing works.i have never had such problem with steam only in origin.
Message 477 of 810 (874 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same...

Message 478 of 810 (867 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

{ATTENTION} 

-

I have found a solution which worked for me! Like ya'll I spent hours and hours and weeks of typing to find a fix that worked, I found one!

https://www.bouncegeek.com/origin-online-login-is-currently-unavailable/?unapproved=3747&moderation-...

-

That website has 5 different solutions, number 5 worked for me! TRY IT! Standard smile)

Message 479 of 810 (861 Views)

Re: origin doesn't work

★★★ Novice

Okay now I’m REALLY pissed. I reset Origin and then downloaded it again and now it’s telling me my credentials have expired. Do these fools realise they’re losing business?

Message 480 of 810 (1,536 Views)