Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by Bruailen

Original Post

Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

★★ Novice

Thank you @FrozenMarmot that download of the older client has finally allowed me to get my darn Dragon Age's online for syncing :D

Message 421 of 810 (1,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@B4rmylad This worked for me as well! I spent 4hrs trying to fix this and this was the solution! Thanks

Message 422 of 810 (1,112 Views)

Re: origin doesn't work

★★★★ Novice

I've had this problem for over a month now. Tried every remedy listed in this thread and the others from years past where this has popped up. I can log in to the website without issue but the app to launch games refuses to go out of offline mode. Ridiculous Zipped lips

Message 423 of 810 (16,234 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not understanding this whole "usb" thing...how does a usb flash drive solve origin's offline problem?

Message 424 of 810 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry Hey Barry, when I went to create a ticket on help.ea.com about this issue, it told me that my "account, or the game account where you're trying to get help, broke our rules." I've tried to open a ticket a few times, and it said it would send an email about my ticket, but it never does, and nobody has emailed me back after 72 hours about this... I've tried everything suggested here, and am wondering if this is the same issue, or... ? Is there actually something wrong with my account?
Message 425 of 810 (1,088 Views)

★★★ Novice

is there a reason why I'm considered online when I go to the Origin page on my browser than when I'm trying to use the actual app?

Message 426 of 810 (1,876 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is literally me and has been for the past month and I just don't understand it, the website works absolutely fine but the app will not recognize my very obvious connection to the internet 

Message 427 of 810 (1,874 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unplugging my USB drive did work. But now I have to choose wether to start Origin or use my USB drive since my USB Drive refuses to work when Origin is started. Hope the client is fixed soon.

Message 428 of 810 (1,017 Views)

★★ Apprentice
As spoken by @B4rmylad

Recently, the problem has resurfaced on my PC. So I just noticed that having a Flash Drive connected to the PC via the USB port prevents Login to Origin. Then start / restart your PC without the USB flash drive.
* An external logical hard disk does not prevent LOGIN, only flash drive.

If this works with most gamers, the EA will have a resolution of line problem!
Message 429 of 810 (1,011 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Try without restarting the PC:
Remove the flash drive from the USB port.
Press (F5) to refresh.
Start Origin and Connect.
Reconnect Flash Drive.

Message 430 of 810 (1,007 Views)