Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by El-Barton67

Original Post

★ Novice

**** FIXED for me. *******

After reading about SD card removal and usb stick, I thought i would try removing my card drives, so......

Went to computer management and disabled my internal card reader!

Capture.JPG

So did all four and now no longer have the login unavailable and could get in!

Jeez after jumping through all those tech support hoops..... cache, NAT reinstalls after reinstalls.

Thanks for those posting.....

jim

Message 571 of 810 (1,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 wrote:

• If removing storage / usb devices solved the issue for you. If it did, which specific storage devices did you remove?

Thanks in advance for any information that you're able to provide! And thank you for sticking with us.

Hello Tom,

I wasn't one of the users that you addressed when you asked about the USB devices, but in my case (and others' too, it seems), disabling "Realtek USB Card 2.0 Reader" immediately fixed the issue. While I was immediately relieved to have fixed the issue after weeks of searching for an solution just to play my games online through Origin, I'd rather not have to leave the card reader disabled permanently just to get Origin to function. Thanks for helping all of us in this thread, and I hope y'all can find a solution to this! 

Message 572 of 810 (1,000 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am using the 10.5.41 version

If you put /noUpdate at the end of the origin shortcut.

Then no need to reinstall.

Only thing I need to go to the origin game library to access the games.

Shortcuts for the games automatically start the update.

a temporary fix...

Message 573 of 810 (981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

can you provide a screenshot of where you typed in /noupdate please?

Message 574 of 810 (971 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Straatford87 Error Report Number: 104c2f92c002cc2d. I am using a wired connection and removing the SD Card did the trick.
Message 575 of 810 (930 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Tom So last night origin got an update and guess what I CANNOT LOGIN BACK INTO THE CLIENT.....AGAIN. Honestly i am so finished with EA and their software i am sick and tired of not been able to play my games at will, i am sick and tired of the issues your company fails to continuously sort out, i am actually going to buy the games i purchased from origin off steam because this experience with origin has been one of the biggest jokes ever   .... and on top of that this has been happening for over 30 minutes. So thanks EA, thanks for been a waste of everyone's time as well as a waste of every gamer's hard earned money   

Message 576 of 810 (912 Views)

★★ Novice

unplug your usb flash drive and restart origin

now origin works

MAGIC EA MAGIC

Message 577 of 810 (1,223 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87 on top of that when i try play Need for speed Pay Back i keep getting this window when i click on the game when i try play it ... i enter all the relevant information ... it says verifying and then nothing happens seriously nothing at all Teeth bared

Message 578 of 810 (1,225 Views)

★ Novice

That worked for me.... after MONTHS of trying every other method. it was my usb all along. WOW

Message 579 of 810 (1,005 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i don't get this whole usb thing. i use a usb keyboard and mouse. how the heck am i gonna play on origin if i can log into origins but no mouse and keyboard to play on?

Message 580 of 810 (942 Views)