Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by Seathal

Original Post

★ Novice
@smokey5573 Thank you so much for posting your fix! I unplugged my SD card from the card reader, restarted my laptop, and logged back into origin with no problems. For 3 weeks I'd been stuck in origin offline mode and chatting with tech support to fix the issue. Since unplugging the SD card I have no problems and I'm online again!
Message 551 of 810 (970 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know why, unplugging a stale USB helped me. Thanks!

Message 552 of 810 (817 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@anklebiter800 i do not have the Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader in the Universal Bus Serial Controllers
Message 553 of 810 (803 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.

Have cleared cache, uninstalled Origin, and reinstalled the previous version. Forwarded ports in Windows 10 and in router. Made sure Origin is allowed through firewalls. Ripped out all non-essential USB stuff. Synchronized the clock. Restarted computer.

At this point, with all these wild suggestions on a fix, the issue lies clearly not with the user, but with Origin. I am not wasting another second on this, I am cancelling my Access Premier and never looking back. This would never happen on Steam. A full month and no fix and no acknowledgement from EA, truly the worst corporation on Earth. We deserve an apology.

To staff working in support, I am sorry you have to deal with EA's gross incompetence, but you knew full well what kind of company you were getting involved with when you applied for the job.

Message 554 of 810 (749 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Barryihatemayo Tried adjusting date/time and it didn't work and neither did clearing cache. Removing any storage devices prior to logging into Origin finally did the trick.
Thanks for the tip!
Message 555 of 810 (721 Views)

EA DICE Team

@anklebiter800  @MrPandagasm @accel12 @PuppySick @Furyslayer7 @cjnwhite @ImS0Fancy @Burt4440 @El-Barton67 @Hexialand @Anon56C @spiderbatpig @llenaj @Yeybab @RydellMountain @HeatedCoffee @ShanghaiRice 

Hi all,

I'm jumping in here with a clarification, and a request for additional info from your end regarding the "Online login is currently unavailable" error message:

• When this error message originates from the user's side it's usually due to a blocked connection; think firewall, anti-virus, or proxy settings.
  • It can also happen that an issue with the Origin client causes this error message. This August, we've identified and resolved two such client issues

As a result of the recent two fixes / updates, you've reported to us that your installed USB or storage devices can also lead to this error message. We'll investigate this, and we'd like your Origin Error Reports to help us do that. Here's how you generate a report:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-use-origin-error-reporting/

Once your report is generated, please reply to this thread with your report ID. 

Thanks for your reports and patience,

Message 556 of 810 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@NeedWater927 this worked for me!
Message 557 of 810 (845 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do i tell if orgin is some how being blocked? i do not habe a USB stick in my camputer.

Message 558 of 810 (830 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 559 of 810 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is laughable. Never in the history of Steam had I had a similar issue in all my years of gaming.

I tried all the solutions presented here to no avail including:

- Uninstalling Origin, clearing registry, rebooting, installing again with "Auto update" off
- Disconnecting all USB devices

- Switching to 2.4GHz connection
- Setting the time and date to auto.

And here I was considering buying an EA game after some years again. One month without fixing this obvious issue with your software... Nope. Red Flags everywhere. Taking my money elsewhere again.

Electronic Arts. Clients aren't here to troubleshoot or betatest for you. If you offer games that can only play online and your online client is the only one that has severe connection issues you're ripping people off.

Message 560 of 810 (830 Views)