Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by 1Guma

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

After tweeting back and forth with EAHelp for about 17 hours or so, they referred me to this thread, which I had looked at before I even contacted them. They're saying that they're going to "track the issue", so let's hope that a solution comes about. Not so sure that it will, though. 

Message 521 of 810 (811 Views)

Hero

If you have already tried almost all suggestions, then you can try my script, wich fix some problems with certificates and SSL, you never know, maybe it will help ...

Just download attachment file, unpack it and run as Admin...

Message 522 of 810 (805 Views)

★★★ Pro

You have to check which USB connection is blocking you accessWink

1.png

Message 523 of 810 (790 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had to enlarge your screen shot to see which USB connection you had circled, once I did, I disabled it in my device manager and just like that I was able to update origin and log in. It should not be something we have to disable, they really need to get their client fixed, but it is at least a work around until they do something. Thanks.

Message 524 of 810 (915 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Sara1010p This may be windows partly at fault then, a USB port that origin didn't account for but that windows 10 adds on startup.... Perhaps this is the problem?
Message 525 of 810 (911 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, havent been able to login to Origin for over a day now, any idea when EA will fix the issue? 

Message 526 of 810 (901 Views)

★ Apprentice

I actually have Windows 8.1, but I guess it would be possible with either of those. I am just glad I was able to get it working after at least a month.

Message 527 of 810 (895 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ive uninstalled my firewall and antivirus, disabled win firewall, and still Origin cant connect to the internet since a day ago. Amazing. 

Message 528 of 810 (889 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also tried installed an older version, didnt work either. 

Message 529 of 810 (803 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Sara1010p omg this actually worked for me, I cant believe it actually worked. I wouldn't have known to disable it if you hadn't posted that
Message 530 of 810 (787 Views)