Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by Appletreezerz

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

OMG

THX @bhunt0807 

I always had my USB Driver plugged in, when I tried to remove it I was FINALLY able to log in (ONLINE) to Origin. WTF is this :S

Message 481 of 810 (810 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nope, just seems that Origin can't handle USB's.....  I guess they could have tried to put anti cheat in client and it back fired?  But hey it's USB drives for the most part.....   But it is weird @FL4VORTOWN420 that it works with VPN....  Maybe it's how the client passes your IP?  Would make sense since IPV4 has lots of combinations, may be that it only works with certain locations since IPV4 passes your location...  Just trying to figure it out is giving me a headache 😂

Message 482 of 810 (765 Views)

★ Apprentice

Origin asked me to update, I was hoping this was a fix but no I still have the same problem. 

Went through the whole fix list again step by step (except I have no USB drive to remove). No luck.

I have a computer in the house that is working without this bug but two don't. 

Very frustrating as paid for Apex Legends season 2 access on 2 accounts. One remains untouched and the Iron Crown event is half way through and still no fix.

What is going on EA can you estimate a fix? Getting ridiculous.

Message 483 of 810 (733 Views)

★★ Novice
@PuppySick Me too.. im trying to use old origin version, it's worked, but somehow origin force me to update the app, after update finished, online login unavailable again.... this ORIGIN app is suck... wasting my S2 BP
Message 484 of 810 (693 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Tried turning auto updates off?

Message 485 of 810 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Right, this has been going on long enough now. Every time i try to launch origin, this * starts all over again, i have to load the old client and log in and then i'm able to play. 

If i log out (which i have to do very often) it forces me to update and then login is offline.  

I decided right now, that i will uninstall APEX (which was the most reason for me to play online and never again consider buying any subscriptions for the game service.). 

Only game i will miss is Mass Effect : Andromeda and that was also a [Removed by CM] for the most part. 

So long and thanks for all the fishes.

PS: World of Warcraft classic launching less than week Wink

Message 486 of 810 (775 Views)

★ Novice
@Appletreezerz The older client is still automatically updated after the computer restart even though auto-update options are disabled during the installation.
Message 487 of 810 (771 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Maybe try contacting EA directly 

Message 488 of 810 (758 Views)

★★★ Novice

I literally tried every suggested fix for this and nothing worked!!!  Finally I saw someone say they disconnected a USB stick from their computer and it worked.  I thought that would be ridiculous but might as well try it and to my amazement it worked!!! :eahigh_file:

Message 489 of 810 (735 Views)

★★★ Pro

@ll__The__0ne__ll  Seriously?😁 Which device exactly did you disconnect?

Message 490 of 810 (721 Views)