Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by CRAZYWELDON

Original Post

Community Manager

@B4rmylad 

Thanks, that is good info and does correlate somewhat with the info I am seeing on our side.

For everyone else, as suggested by @B4rmylad try removing any USB drives (correctly) reboot and retry.

Do let us know how that goes, thank you.

barry.png
Message 431 of 810 (909 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry it didn't work for me
Message 432 of 810 (1,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I wish the USB idea worked but no such luck.  The only thing that has helped thus far is installing the older version 41.  Please keep trying to solve this because there is still a bunch of us that nothing seems to be working for.

Message 433 of 810 (1,071 Views)

Origin online login is currently unavailable first time login

★ Novice

Hello,
I know I said 'first time login' but this isn't the first time Origin has been on this device. I did delete it and reinstalled it but after two-three days of opening the origin software for it to keep telling me 'online login is currently unavailable' I am growing frustrated. I've seen lots about ports and such but why would it suddenly not work anymore?

Message 434 of 810 (935 Views)

★★★ Novice

@B4rmylad @EA_Barry This also worked for me.  I haven't been able to log in probably since July 27th.

Message 435 of 810 (1,064 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Steam or even the Epic Store would have had a fix for this within a day. None of the suggestions in the entire 40 pages of this forum are working and it's been almost a month that this issue has started occurring. Why is progress on a real fix so slow?

Message 436 of 810 (1,005 Views)

★★★ Novice

In my case plugging in any USB Flash drive works with the Origin client except one flash drive which is encrypted using bitlocker encryption. If I plug in this drive and start Origin, Origin states "online Login currently not possible". If I remove the drive and start Origin again everything is fine, Origin connects. No Reboot required.

Message 437 of 810 (985 Views)

★ Novice
@andegee I can confirm that it was from a usb stick. I had my usb stick for a board update and left it in. For a month now i've been struggling with this stupid issue. As soon as i removed the usb stick origin worked fine, even after a restart. Thumbs up for the devs and for EA for not fixing this for a month now. Makes you think twice before spending any of your hard earned cash on Origin.
Message 438 of 810 (967 Views)

Online login is currently unavailable.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I cant play apex legends when I open origin it says: Online login is currently unavailable. I contacted EA but they cant helped for me. Is there any possible way to fix it?

I tried:

- reinstall

-clear apdata

-reboot pc

Message 439 of 810 (925 Views)

Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable first time login

Hero (Retired)

@MCrules101 - I moved your post to a thread about this issue in the Origin client tech support area. Please try the steps in the accepted solution, and click "Me Too" on the first post. 

If the accepted solution doesn't work for you, it appears that more recently there may be a problem if you have a USB drive attached to your computer. Try removing any connected USB drives or thumb sticks, reboot and retry.

Message 440 of 810 (919 Views)