Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by zahron2

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@PhOeNiX_BeN almost 40 pages, still no response from EA/admins/devs/whatever Indian guy trying to solve this .... is that even possible ? WHAT A * IS THIS ... ???

Ive got like A4 page of troubleshooting - im not spending 4 * hours on doing so and messing up with my PC ...
Message 411 of 810 (1,319 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@zahron2 customer service at its finest. i wont be buying anymore origin games, ever....but to each their own.
Message 412 of 810 (1,302 Views)

★★ Novice

https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe     

USE THIS LINK I tried sooo many things to try and fix this and this link fixed it for me!

Message 413 of 810 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Novice

Link is down

Message 414 of 810 (1,191 Views)

Community Manager

The teams are continuing to investigate this issue and I can confirm that good progress is being made.

Hopefully we will have more info very soon. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 415 of 810 (1,175 Views)

★★ Novice

I had same error, but i had my anti virus off and i turned it on and did a virus scan soo perhaps try that if u havent yet. virus checks are good regardless but first time i fixed it i did a virus check after putting my antivirus back on and it worked. later on i turned it off and origin happen to crash and when i reopened had the same error/problem so i did the same thing and it fixed again.

Message 416 of 810 (1,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It has nothing to do with a virus . Yesterday everything was working perfectly but now today what ever solution I've tried failed 1 by 1 except updating client . Just follow @PhOeNiX_BeN 's solution .

Message 417 of 810 (1,072 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ok first off let me just thank @EA_Barry  for getting in touch hopefully we'll see more of you on here.

Possible fix here I don't know!

Right listen up folks serious development here! ...... But a positive one.....please read on!

Right it started tonight when a friend was trying to log into Origin for the first time in ages and came up with the same problem we was having.

I told him the usual fix of reverting back to 10.5.41 which worked for him but he wasn't having any of that and needed to know what the hell is going on.

So after a few hours I get a message back from him saying he's fixed it.... Me thinking it's one of the wild fixes that are already reported within this thread. 

It was not one of the fixes reported in this thread...turns out he had a USB Pen-drive plugged into his computer, he removed it, rebooted his PC and hey presto he's back into Origin with the latest update.

Sooooo I tried it as I too had a USB Pen-drive plugged in. Unplugged the pen-drive, rebooted my PC and installed the latest version of Origin...IT WORKS!!

This may not be the case for everyone but I am now one of many people within this thread that is back to normal with Origin by doing a fix that you think would not have anything to do with the problem.

Please try it if you have a USB drive of any sort plugged in and see, make sure you reboot after unplugging the USB drive.

@EA_Barry  If people start reporting that this works then please pass on the info to the Dev team and hopefully it will help them solve the issue as having a pendrive plugged in should not be a problem to log into Origin.

I truly hope this is it and it helps everyone here.

Barmy.

Message 418 of 810 (1,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@jackeyveohh great. I'm happy for you. Great !!!

Message 419 of 810 (1,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@B4rmylad I just tried this and it worked for me.

I had mine at the lower build version. Updated and re-produced the 'Online login unavailable' bug. I had a USB in, ejected it, restarted Origin and I am now able to login

Message 420 of 810 (1,147 Views)