Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by olileboss31

Original Post

Re: "online login is currently unavailable'' help!!!

★★★ Novice

Same.  I have contacted EA support via chat several times throughout the last few weeks, and each time they just tell me to do the same thing.  Uninstall, reinstall, clear the cache, restart the computer.  Still, the same issues.  Finally, yesterday (on the 4th attempt to contact EA) they said there were "several other cases with similar issues, and they are having their team look further into the matter".  Hopefully, that generates a fix!  I am sick of not being able to login to Origin online.  

Message 391 of 810 (884 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

im on win 8.1 64 bit. Sure as hell aint going to win 10 JUUUUUST for Origin. It had been working just fine for years until this month. that i know about at least. because i dont really play on origin anymore since they suck.

Message 392 of 810 (876 Views)

★★ Novice

<Same issue.  Can't login online with a "Online login is currently unavailable" message.

<I uninstalled and installed another version (provided by tech support) OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.  

<This worked, but as soon as Origin updated, I'm back to not being able to log in online again.

I have been trying to problem solve this issue most of the afternoon into this evening. I reset all my internet settings, flushed the catches, disabled and removed antivirus, tried a VPN, unintalled and reinstalled the client and tried every thing I could think or read from others to problem solve getting the Origin Client working.

I am also running Win 8.1 64 bit.

The only working solution that got me into the client was rolling back to Origin 10.5.41.27263 as several have mentioned above.
Message 393 of 810 (801 Views)

★★★ Novice

I see that Origin has updated to 10.5.44.  Has that made any difference?

Message 394 of 810 (793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'll let you know shortly

*** EDIT *** It still does not work with the latest update

Message 395 of 810 (779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

TEMPORARY SOLUTION - Uninstall new Origin and reinstall with an Older version. (The new update 44 DOES NOT fix this issue!) 

I tried EVERYTHING. And I do mean everything to fix it. I confirmed Windows was up to date. I confirmed Universal Runtime was up to date. I confirmed i had all C++ extensions, (64 and 32 bit) I tried flushing my DNS, Resetting my Internet to default settings, Unchecking LAN settings (it wasn't checked to begin with) Changing my clock time (it wasn't wrong) Soft uninstall of Origin. Hard Uninstall of Origin... Deleting Origin Cache (there wasn't any, since it was a brand new install) Resetting my router, resetting my Modem, Restarting the computer, Clean Boot of the computer, SFC/scannow (showed no issues) Searched viruses with a virus scanner (no results) - Confirmed my Firewall was not blocking it, but went ahead and added it to exclusions anyway -- and NONE of it worked. I was banished to OFFLINE MODE.. no matter how strong my internet was. 

EA, please see my help ticket on this issue, 50201806 - feel free to mark my case as closed, and start instructing users to uninstall the new version of Origin, and then re-install with the older one, if they have followed this check list.  Please make the old version easier to find on your website, and issue a roll back or a new update ASAP. Oh. This also solved the "Insert disc in drive error" too.. Also. Update 44  DOES NOT fix this issue. 

PLEASE KEEP WORKING ON THIS !!!  Every time we exit the client, we have to update, uninstall the new version and then reinstall the old version. 

Message 396 of 810 (744 Views)

Re: online login is currently unavailable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Uninstall the new Origin client and grab an old one here until they issue an updateStandard smile I tried everything too .. and it was literally the ONLY thing that worked for me! Grab it here >> https://filehippo.com/download_origin/post_download/  

EDITED TO ADD: After reading through all the comments, this was actually also mentioned by @FatSlob in reply #162Standard smile 

If you've tried EVVERRYTHING else.. this is your last resort !!! 

Message 397 of 810 (736 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried this before and this gets me past the login window but it wont start up any games

Message 398 of 810 (734 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@dicke_and_ball You have to by-pass Origin. Right-click on the game on your desktop or where ever its located, and select "Run as Administrator" .. it loads mine up!! :D

GOOD LUCK !!!
Message 399 of 810 (913 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@ItsAsnookie Did it work when you uninstalled BF5 and reinstalled?
Message 400 of 810 (880 Views)