Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by KH1031

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Legitimately took two days using Origin to download the Sims 4 online to 23%  on Monday so, I tried installing it from the disk, which was quicker.

Now I can't play because I still have 6 GB to download, and I have logged in and made sure I stayed logged in, well updated because I installed Origin before my disk copy arrived but, the client hasn't loaded.

it's been stuck loading for a day and a half. (I keep trying to load it, and then I quit after at least an hour.)

Origin isn't down, because the website is fine, and it's not down in my area, according to down detector...

Other players have had the same issue for a week, sometimes a whole month...

I just want to finish my download so I can play offline.

Or better yet, find out how to use installer.exe because I have already registered the game online.

Does anyone know how to do that, like previous Sims Disk copies? 

Message 331 of 810 (1,559 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Even though this post says solved, it isn’t solved it’s still an issue for a lot of people.

Message 332 of 810 (1,484 Views)

★★ Novice

This is not resolved. What a joke. I've been through every troubleshooting step, disabled antivirus/mawarebytes, cleared all remnants of cache and files after uninstalling and restarting my machine. Cleared dns cache. Fresh install, still a problem.

Tried on another machine with everything enabled (Origin was not installed on this machine previously), works perfectly.

Message 333 of 810 (1,473 Views)

★★ Novice

Issue: Online Login is currently unavailable for Origin client.

Origin client version 10.5.43.28287 update on my pc around 25 JUL. Since then I get the message at the top of the Origin login screen "Online login is currently unavailable."

Have spoke with/or online chatted with 4 EA troubleshooters

Tried internet clock synch= same error

Cleared Origin cache= same error

Cleared IE cache+ same errror

checked firewall and Origin is allowed

Turned off Origin Client auto update= Origin still updates to ver 43

Cleared local origin files= same error

Reset host file=same error.

An EA rep gave me the weblink for Origin client version 10.5.41.27263  https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe

Uninstalled ver 43 and installed ver 41= can access Origin then my games.

EA reps say developers are working on a fix, 7 days and still have version 43.

Message 334 of 810 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@LegacyBits have you tried to install an earlier version?
Message 335 of 810 (1,444 Views)

★ Apprentice

Lol if we tell customer service that the broken update is keeping us from buying cosmetics they'll have a fix out tommorow

Message 336 of 810 (1,402 Views)

★★ Novice

Does anyone know when this stupid problem is supposed to be fixed.

Message 337 of 810 (1,389 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello ORIGIN DEVELOPERS WORKIN ON THIS ISSUE.

This is for Origin Developers working on Online login is currently unavailable issue. My Origin client version 41 works great for one day then Origin wants me to update to the most current version. When I chose not to update, then my version 10.5.41 has the SAME header as version 10.5.43 " Online login currently not available"!

Perhaps after updating to version 43 and we all get the error heading " Online login currently not available" the Origin client ver 43 must be thinking that we CHOSE NOT to update and is blocking us from accessing Origin client.

FIX ACTION: Delete the programing code that blocks users from using older versions of Origin Client when they chose not to update to the most current Origin Client.

Message 338 of 810 (1,902 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have not resolved this by adjusting internet time option . My date/time is correct , tried system reset. Uninstalling and re installing origin , multiple times as well as EA. Have a 21 game library

and cannot access or play any of them # calls to EA, 3 cases for same issue. Still no resolution.

Have been online with them for an hour now, and am currently on phone holding for 15 minutes waiting to be connected with a "technical "expert". 

Man this is frustrating beyond belief.

Message 339 of 810 (1,842 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PhOeNiX_BeN https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe
This is what they will give you.
Uninstall your origin. Install above earlier version.
It will work online until you restart your computer.
Then uninstall/reinstall to reset your origin to earlier version

Fundamental solution requires a new patch.
Message 340 of 810 (1,839 Views)