Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by Hexialand

Original Post

Re: Origin client says online login is currently unavailable

★★★ Novice

what im about to say works every time (at least for me) go to time and date on your pc after closing origin then hit sync with internet (even if it says it already is) and sync it then reopen origin and it will work

Message 321 of 810 (1,635 Views)

Re: Origin client says online login is currently unavailable

★★★ Apprentice

@-Q-Elite20 Yes,I agree you

Message 322 of 810 (1,624 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found a solution, I don't know how long this is going to last, but you can definetly try it. Uninstall your Origin (you won't lose your games), then search "Origin 10.4.12.59996" on your browser and install the older version of Origin. Turn off the "auto-update" while installing Origin. Enjoy your online games ^^. 

Message 323 of 810 (1,421 Views)

Re: I can't log in because "Online login is currently unavailable."

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I just spent nearly 300 On getting all the Sims 4 stuff had it 6 days and now its broke im realy ticked off! I want to complain but cant find a complaints department bit anyone know were it is? I mean this is not good enough we spend loads of money on these games and we cant play them!! its been over a week now how long do they expect us to wait very poor show :-(

I spent a whole day talking to the tec team jumping though loops and all that did was make it worse as they got me to remove Origin so i couldnt even get to my game off line. I have now got the older origin downloaded so i can at least get to my game but so anoying to have to keep re installing it every time i turn the pc on. even with the auto update turned of it still updates every time its turned on Just wish they would get it sorted ASAP

Message 324 of 810 (1,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I totally feel you, I'm doing the same. Auto-Update off, but I still have to uninstall and reinstall the old version coz of Origin updating without any sense. It's so annoying...

Message 325 of 810 (1,401 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Hexialand I dont know why they cant just remove the updated version and go back to the old one till they fix the blooming thing
Message 326 of 810 (1,399 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still not working!

Message 327 of 810 (1,398 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried everything. Contacting an EA Advisor *twice*, uninstalling Origin and re-installing.  Restarting my computer several times.  Resetting the Internet settings.  Clearing the cache.  NOTHING helped.

I downloaded this version of Origin and VOILA!  I am able to sign in!  It keeps telling me to instal the new version but there is NO WAY I AM DOING THAT UNTIL EA FIGURES OUT THEIR *!

Thanks for this fix!  :D

Message 328 of 810 (1,813 Views)

★★ Novice
@cjnwhite What fixed it
Message 329 of 810 (1,794 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@JayB1rd0 You have to uninstall the Origin Client, then download and install an older version of the client (before the problem was introduced).  Support gave me one yesterday, but it is too big to attach to this forum.  Here is the link they gave me:

https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe

The only problem is, every time you exit and restart the Origin client, it will force you to update to the broken version again.  So you will have to uninstall and reinstall ... again.

Message 330 of 810 (1,749 Views)