Re: Origin online login is currently unavailable after Origin update

by Tigantic

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

How brain-dead is the tech support at EA that they can't just revert back to the previous update until they fixed the issues with the current one???? I am losing my mind here speaking with EA customer service in India that have no idea what I'm saying or what's going on with the Origin client. They are just taught to read scripts, but they dont actually know anything about the game or client, it's one of the most frustrating things I've ever experienced. I know it's just a game, but these are my only days off for the next month as I work at a dam in Northern Canada, all I want to do is play some Apex with my friends before going back to work for 3 weeks straight. 

Message 261 of 810 (924 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Oh my f***, you are an actual golden god, I would suck your d*** so hard if I met you in person. Sad how pathetic and useless EA is, can't even tell people to download an older client to get around the problem.

Message 262 of 810 (920 Views)

★★★ Novice

it's a shame

Message 263 of 810 (863 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

looks like origin still hasn't been fixed yet. man, i hate to bag on ea games but my goodness, it's one thing not to overwork your developers, but right now your loyal players can't even get into the game 

Message 264 of 810 (808 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This has been driving me crazy for 4 days now and after spending all day talking with origin doing everything they sugested nothing worked and they made it worse by getting me uninstal origin and re install so although my game was on pc i could no longer play it as it wasnt shoing in the new install as you need to be online to get the details back :-(

I have found a little work around sort of lol but it works and will have to do till its finaly fixed.

It may be of some help to some one?

What i did is uninstal origin and i went on filehippo and downloaded the older origin from befor the update

Origin10.5.41.27263

or the one befor i cant remember but it works it will let you go on line and sign in all i did was click dont auto update, it will say its downloading the latest verion as it installs but it dont it installs the older version. it will say it will update when the pc needs re starting but im just re installing each time the pc is turned on I know its not great but it works and its allowing me to play so for now im happy with that Untill this gets sorted.

Hope this might help some one

best wishes

Steve

Edit: I just see others have posted the same thing lol but it does work YAY

Message 265 of 810 (757 Views)

★★ Novice
@fatsIob never mind, it works so far that i can log in. but it doesnt allow me to play until i update origin. so it doesn't work regardless.
Message 266 of 810 (997 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MightyElephant1
you need to disable automatic updates
also if you close origin, you need to uninstall and then install it again
Message 267 of 810 (968 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Barry When can we expect a fix for this? atleast circa
Message 268 of 810 (920 Views)

★ Novice

@fatsIob thank you ! Working !

Merci ;-)
Message 269 of 810 (911 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here. I've tried all solutions, even called EA support and they ran through everything again and it didn't work. They told me to wait for a patch to fix it.

Message 270 of 810 (890 Views)