Origin notifications in middle of second monitor

by LizardKuwifu

Original Post

Origin notifications in middle of second monitor

★ Apprentice

Hello everyone

Since the last update I'm having this weird issue with my Origin notifications (when I'm not in game).

My main monitor is landscape, my second one is portrait, I don't know if this matters but I figured I'd just add the info. 

Every single time I get a notification about a friend going online, launching a game, a download that finished,... my notifications appear on my second monitor on a weird location instead of the bottom right of my main monitor. I've added a picture so you understand what I mean, I downloaded Peggle because that's the quickest way I could trigger a notification. 

Is there any fix for this? I already clean installed the Origin launcher but that didn't help. 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 11 (1,153 Views)

Re: Origin notifications in middle of second monitor

★★ Novice

I have this exact same problem, except it's in the left upper corner and I can't see all of the notification.
I have also clean installed Origin.

Message 2 of 11 (1,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here for months!

Message 3 of 11 (972 Views)

★★ Novice
@turboencabul8r Quite annoying that we don't get any answers from EA as well...
Message 4 of 11 (947 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry Can you please help us or at least direct us to someone who can?

Message 5 of 11 (945 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, all. 

What resolution do you all have your desktops set up at?

• How many monitors do you have
  • Does this get fixed if you change all your monitors to landscape or portrait only? Is your primary monitor landscape or portrait? (want to determine if it's a specific configuration)
  • What version of Windows 10 are you on?

@Straatford87 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 11 (922 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello, 

• I have 2 monitors, both are 1920 x 1080.
  • The issue still remains if I put my second (portrait) monitor to landscape, even after restarting. My primary monitor is in landscape and is to the right of my secondary monitor.
  • The current Windows version I have is 1903, OS build 18362.418.
Message 7 of 11 (913 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Hi! I am also having this issue, and it might be related to why I can't open the origin overlay in-game, but I'm not sure. I have 1 LG 27UK600 (Same as the 27UK650) and 1 PlayStation 3D display, LG at 4K on the right, PS at 1080 on the left. Windows 10 build 18362. My notifications are showing up on the top right of my left screen.
Message 8 of 11 (848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have this issue too. I have three screens, and my notifications pop up off-center and in the wrong resolution on my third display. My main monitor is a 3840x2160 screen, and my two secondary displays are both 1920x1080. I have my 4K monitor on the right, one 1080p monitor on the left, and another above it as my desk has two levels. I do run LittleBigMouse to fix cursor movement issues between screens, so that may factor in. All my monitors are in landscape mode.

Message 9 of 11 (820 Views)

★★ Novice
@CadeMan011 "My notifications are showing up on the top right of my left screen."

It's the same for me.
Message 10 of 11 (728 Views)