Origin not showing up + unable to reinstall

by m3rcurias

Original Post

Origin not showing up + unable to reinstall

★★★★ Novice

Out of nowhere, Origin won't show. It appears in my taskbar but there is no visual for it. I closed it and reopened, nothing. Restarted my PC, nothing. Cleared the caches, nothing. So I uninstall in preparation for a reinstall but when I go to open the setup, the installer isnt visible. SO FRUSTRATING. Saw someone say to change your PC resolution so i did that but it didn't help.

At this point I look into getting my games on steam only to realize that to transfer my DLC I need to open Origin. Which I can't do. What the helllllllll!

I've used Origin forever and I feel like these bugs come out of nowhere. I didn't update it or change anything. If there was something I could do to prevent it, Pleaaaase Tell MEEE. Attached my processor and ram specs. Using Windows 10, PC manufactured by HP

Message 1 of 5 (425 Views)

Re: Origin not showing up + unable to reinstall

Community Manager

@m3rcurias 

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (391 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So. This issue is an incompatibility with drawing programs/graphics tablet software and Origin. Neither will run properly while the other is up. I spent a long time on microsoft support, Clean booted etc and that's the conclusion I've come to. This is something that Origin should probably look into considering how many users are creatives who use both software.

Message 3 of 5 (374 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much. I was getting so frustrated trying over and over again and as soon as I closed Paint Tool Sai, it installed no problem. 

Message 4 of 5 (352 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Happy this could help! Hopefully the incompatibility is solved soon

Message 5 of 5 (326 Views)