Origin not responding, won’t download or open on MAC Computer

by malias99

Original Post

Origin not responding, won’t download or open on MAC Computer

★ Novice

Help please, I’ve had a problem with my origin for a couple of months. When I’d open origin, it would simply be frozen on where I last was. I tried some troubleshooting but now origin just won’t open at ALL. I feel like I’ve tried everything.   I know it’s compatible with my computer but it just won’t work and I’m scared of messing up my computer.  Haven’t been able to play the Sims 4 in months 

Frown Please help, I’m so frustrated with this!

Message 1 of 4 (467 Views)

Re: Origin not responding, won’t download or open on MAC Computer

@malias99  What version of macOS do you have?  If you're not sure, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select About This Mac.

It would also help if you could provide screenshots of Origin when it's frozen.  Hit cmd-shift-4 and drag your cursor over the section of the screen you want to capture; the pic will land on your desktop.  You can attach it directly to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (448 Views)

★ Novice

Hey @puzzlezaddict, I appreciate the help. It’s a MAC Sierra Version 10.12.6. I wanted to attach a video of what happens when I click on the origin icon in my apps, and what happens when I click the icon for the sims 4, but the file isn’t supported. Instead I’ll attach a screenshot of one of the error messages I’m getting. I don’t get any response from clicking on the origin application icon, only from The Sims 4. 

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4 (383 Views)

@malias99  Thanks for the screenshots.  Please do a clean uninstall of Origin.  Merely trashing the app isn't enough; you'll need to remove the leftover hidden library files as well.  Here are detailed instructions:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (372 Views)