Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Origin not loading up properly?

by AshtonFire

Original Post

Re: Origin not loading up properly?

★★★★ Novice
@AshtonFire I had the same problem for weeks and at first it still allowed me to play my game but it eventually stopped working. What I did was a compatibility troubleshooter.

If you use a game like sims I would suggest taking out mods and putting it in a different folder. Simply make a new folder and tittle it “cleaning” or something to be organized.

Anywho after that you right click the origin application and go to >properties.

Then click >compatibility
Next > run compatibility troubleshooter
Hit > try recommended settings
> test the program

Then a message from origin will come up saying that if using that setting for it messed up then change it *something to that extent, I don’t remember*

Origin should start running but it will be a little slow and It will look like it’s not working but give it a minute and origin will start up 😇👌🏽 .

Let me know if this works I Juss randomly did this and it worked for me
Message 71 of 86 (838 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, and nothing has worked. I'm using a Mac, does anyone have any other suggestions I can follow? This all stopped working after I updated the launcher today. 

Message 72 of 86 (794 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much, this got it working.

Message 73 of 86 (733 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko thank you work for me but you forget to mention that we must clear the recycle bin
Message 74 of 86 (613 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Will this ever be fixed? I keep getting this error every 1-2 months, it's so frustrating having to clean up the appdata folders just to get access to my games back again!

Are you guys passing feedback & bug reports to Origin development team?

Message 75 of 86 (528 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

ok so i have tried everything it said multiple times including reinstalling origin a couple of times and nothing worked but guess what i decided to delete the one folder that they asked not to delete and when i did IT WORKED , the reason why i did that cuz i remember my laptop crashed while updating apex so it probably corrupted the files, give it a shot guys DELETE the folder that they said not to delete which was local smth

Message 76 of 86 (460 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Thanks, this helped with the issue.
Message 77 of 86 (353 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to be of help @rado8o0.

Darko

Message 78 of 86 (329 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this just happened to me i cant buy a new stuff pack on the sims 4.

Message 79 of 86 (268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In germany we would call u an Ehrenmann.

Thanks

Message 80 of 86 (157 Views)