Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Origin not loading up properly?

by AshtonFire

Original Post

Re: Origin not loading up properly?

★★★★ Newbie
@Blind_Leaf follow these steps, then re log into origin. once logged in, there should be a black lightbox come up talking about cookies at the bottom of the screen. Click on the small blue writing in the box, this will take you to cookies settings where you press 'agree and proceed'. It will flick to a differant screen and your origin will appear behind the lightbox. Press the 'X' in the top right hand corner and ... Ta Da.
Message 61 of 86 (901 Views)

★★★★ Novice

did this exactly as explained and cleared catalog cache and my origin is still not loading.

Message 62 of 86 (890 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
@bipumpout open task manager and check for any origin apps running you will find a origin report something i forgot and end task and delete logs it worked for me
Message 63 of 86 (787 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

OMG that's actually worked and I've tried everything else! Thank you so much!Thumbs up

Message 64 of 86 (771 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Go into task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and look for anything that is origin and shut it down. 

Message 65 of 86 (740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about for Mac?

Message 66 of 86 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Mochisims3 Here are the steps for Mac OS: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-not-loading-up-properly/m-p/7833813#M35...

Had the same problem on PC since last Tuesday (after a survey popped up); will try this when I get the chance.

Edit: tried it, seems to have fixed the issue.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 67 of 86 (610 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, already cleared the cache, what is the next step because that didn't work.

Message 68 of 86 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just encountered this problem, and the easiest way to get it to work again is to uninstall and reinstall Origin. 

I did this, and first try it loaded up like normal. 

Message 69 of 86 (494 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup, I ended up uninstalling and now it works fine. So I guess that is what people should do if the cache clearing thing does not work.

Message 70 of 86 (476 Views)