Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Origin not loading up properly?

by AshtonFire

Original Post

Re: Origin not loading up properly?

★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darko I have tried reinstalling, clearing cashe, everything under the sun and mine still wont work. When I try and clear cashe it tells me the logs is running. So i go find webhelper in my task bar and try to stop it from running, but it tells me i need to run it as an admin to stop it. So idk what to do.

Message 51 of 86 (1,231 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko I've tried everything and it's still not working.
Message 52 of 86 (1,228 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys,

I had the same issue and found my own fix. I am using a Mac; sorry Windows users. You may be able to convert the following. Below are the steps I took.

1. Open Origin

2. Right click on app icon in Dock

3. Click Sign Out

4. Force quit out of Origin

5. Open Finder

6. Go to “Go” in top menu bar

7. Hold down option (or alt if using windows keyboard) and click on Library

8. Open Caches folder

9. Open Origin folder (feel free to compress this folder and save to your desktop just in case; I did)

10. Delete everything inside folder

When you reopen the app, it should get you to sign back in again. If you experience an error message the first time signing in to Origin after following the steps, quit and reopen it. It worked for me on the second time round.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

Message 53 of 86 (1,203 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try opening the Task Manager and closing EVERY Origin task. it's what I had to do.

Message 54 of 86 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Deleted the origin folders in my appdata folders and it worked

Message 55 of 86 (893 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem for over a month. I tried all the steps, even those in other threads and it would work for a day or so but I'd have to keep doing it. It stopped working eventually. I run with a beta origin client like another person suggested but after completing all the steps again, I turned off cloud storage as well. Not Sure if it was a combination of everything else or just turning off cloud storage but I haven't had a problem for a month. Wanted to test it before I shared. I hope it works for others.

Message 56 of 86 (866 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sheerabella ditto here. It's really frustrating that EA is not letting us know about any fix in the works and the mods offering the same solutions over and over again.
Message 57 of 86 (830 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko thanks, it worked, I just made sure that I ended every origin's taks on the task manager.
Message 58 of 86 (690 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko i tried all this procedure but still not fix my problem
Message 59 of 86 (636 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that @12LittleGeneral.

Enjoy your gaming.

Darko

Message 60 of 86 (627 Views)