Origin not loading up properly?

by AshtonFire

Original Post

Re: Blank screen while trying to install Origin

★★★★ Novice

It's making my laptop crash!!!  It runs so hard in the backround it destroys the whole house network - I try to launch a game and the whole thing completely dies!  And what do Origin give me?  They close my case and offer a 15% off voucher to play their wonderful games - well I cant play anything!!!!!!!!!!  What's the point?????  The update is ugly, slow, and takes too damn much power!  My computer was just fine until this stupid update!  I'm downloading on Steam now.  If it doesn't crash there I know what the problem is.

Message 10 of 1,482 (106,888 Views)

Re: Origin installation/login blank white window

★★★★ Novice

I also have this problem. I have tried all fixes suggested in other threads, nothing worked.

When I tried to open the updated Origin, and after I attempted to reinstall, I was just presented with a blank white window. I should note that it appears that the buttons, etc. are still there because if I hit the top right corner where the [X] usually it, the window closes.

Running Windows 7 with intel graphics, drivers up to date.

Some help would be appreciated EA.

Message 11 of 1,482 (108,761 Views)

Origin does not start

★★ Apprentice

I had a previous version of origin on my Windows 8 pc. After 14th Sept 2016 I was asked to update Origin, I did so. After updating, Origin does not start, don't know what it is doing but it looks like the attached image. Even if I leave it for the entire day, nothing happens. I have tried reinstalling after removing the cache and Origin registry entries but to no effect. I am a big fan of FIFA franchise and really wanting to play the demo. Please help.

Message 12 of 1,482 (35,992 Views)

Origin encountered an issue loading this page.

★★★ Novice

In a previous post I wrote that this problem was resolved after a Windows update.  I am running Windows 7.  However, it was not Service Pack 3 for Windows 7.  My apologies.  That service pack was for Microsoft Office.  Here are the other things that got updated that day:

Microsoft Silverlight 5.1.50709.0. 

Also Windows updates: KB3179573, KB3172605, KB3161102. 

Security updates:  KB3185911, KB3185319, KB3184122, KB3177186, KB3175024.   

Message 13 of 1,482 (19,647 Views)

@anishakalila

Please post a DxDiag so that I can compare your and @cutemma systems. Post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 14 of 1,482 (19,761 Views)

Re: Origin does not start

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, but I'm running Win10. I hope EA understands the need to fix it. But I know not to expect anything from these people.

I've uploaded my dxdiag if it means anything.

Message 15 of 1,482 (19,628 Views)

Re: Origin encountered an issue loading this page.

★★★★★ Apprentice

@kippy300

Thanks very much for this! 

Message 16 of 1,482 (19,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am having this problem as well, except my interface is black instead of white. haven't found the cause yet. I did notice that my Windows Aero is not currently working and cant find the cause of that problem as well. if anyone finds a fix please post.

thanks--

Message 17 of 1,482 (19,695 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here except black screen instead of white. Have tried reinstalling Origin.

Attaching dxdiag.

Message 18 of 1,482 (19,704 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Griechland @cutemma @OUshot12ic

The only common factor on all your systems are Windows 7 Build 7601 and that all of you use a Realtek High Definition Audio controller, which is a very widespread piece of hardware and  therefore not surprising.

Your graphic hardware is completely different and so is the rest of your systems.

I would suggest, if you not already have done so to download the newest beta version of Origin. In the moment the client is constantly updated, so check this link regularly.

Also shut down Origin completely > disable the Realtek High Definition Audio controller in the Windows device manager (just for testing of course) > restart Origin > Test.

I don't think that this will make a difference, but lets make sure.

In this moment it looks like a compatibility problem of Origin with Win 7 on certain hardware configurations. That is of course annoying, but it also should be something that is fixable.

I will tag @Straatford87 to this thread so that he can forward this information with your DxDiags to the Origin Team.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 19 of 1,482 (18,547 Views)