by AshtonFire

Original Post

Re: Origin not loading properly

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko how do you do this on mac?
Message 1351 of 1,482 (2,423 Views)

Re: Origin not loading up properly?

★★★ Newbie

Can anyone help.....I can't get Origin to launch past this small white window. No log in screen or anything.

I'm not very computer literate.  Running Mac OS 10.13.6

Message 1352 of 1,482 (1,306 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko what if i have mac?

Message 1353 of 1,482 (1,268 Views)

@addierae1617  Try running the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

And make sure you don't have any proxies enabled.  Here's how to check:

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=135932

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1354 of 1,482 (1,252 Views)

Re: Origin Won't Load Fully

★★★★★ Newbie
@leslieknorpe I'm having the exact same issue. Did you manage to resolve yours?
Message 1355 of 1,482 (1,217 Views)

Re: Origin Won't Load Fully

★★★ Newbie

So I have had this issue on my daughter's PC. Its a 10 year old i7 with 6gb of RAM so more than enough for games like Sims 4. It has two hard drives. One solid state for the OS and most programs and one mechanical drive. Origin was very very slow to install and after logging in finally it always had a white screen with menu options however no way to play games, view the store etc. 

I had her Origin games installed on the mechanical drive however the Origin program is installed on the C:\Program Files(x86) folder.

After running into this issue numerous times I did a reset of windows (kept files) and it did not fix the issue. I left her game files alone on the mechanical D: drive .

I then did a complete wipe of the boot drive with a fresh install and this did not fix the issue. I did notice though that when I was installing Origin, it created a temp folder on my mechanical D: drive during the install which also disappeared after install.  I had not pointed at the drive whatsoever during the Origin setup.

I decided to delete all the origin folders off the mechanical D: drive and tried re-installing Origin again.

This finally fixed the issue. I had tried all the solutions I could find before discovering this solution for myself. I hope this helps somebody else. 

Message 1356 of 1,482 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Novice

For anyone reading this, I figured out a way to fix this problem. 

1. Complete the Origin reset tool.

2. Click the apple icon in the top left corner.

3. Then click on 'Force Quit...'.

4. Once you've clicked that, click on what you want to force quit. In this case It's Origin.

When these steps are complete Origin will restart and will ask the Administrator password to add Origin tools, etc. Put your password in.

After this Origin will ask you to sign into Origin and when you do, it will be working again.

I didn't find this anywhere, I just did it myself when I had the same problem and it worked.

Message 1357 of 1,482 (1,109 Views)

Re: Origin on Desktop Client is stuck on loading screen.. help?

★ Novice

ITS WORK PERFECTLY. THANK YOU Coffee cup

Message 1358 of 1,482 (1,050 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having this same issue with a new install of Origin on my laptop. I have tried updating all my device drivers, disabling my firewalls and antivirus software, running origin as an administrator, clearing the cache, uninstalling and re-installing the program several times now, all to no avail. I'm going to try the origin reset tool even through its for Macs it couldn't possibly screw it up any worse than it already is. Any other suggestions on what to do? I'm annoyed that EA forces us to use this non-functional program, and won't simply put things out on steam, and regret my sole purchase. I also have two install .exes - a regular one I think and some "originthininstaller" and have alternated between the two with the same results; not sure which one I am supposed to be using though. I also noticed in the compatibility settings it said it optimized it for windows 8 and did not have an option for windows 10 listed, which I am running? Is that something to be concerned about? Edit: the diagnostic / reset tool is a no-go, some weird unreadable .dmg format...

Message 1359 of 1,482 (963 Views)

★★★ Novice

Alright I'm really not sure you're supposed to do this but I deleted the entire folder in %appdata%/local/origin/origin, restarted my pc and it successfully loaded my games library...

Message 1360 of 1,482 (956 Views)