Origin not loading up properly?

by AshtonFire

Original Post

Re: Origin not loading up properly?

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same problem, im trying to purchase a game but am not able to because of it.

Message 1221 of 1,482 (824 Views)

Re: Origin Won't Load Fully

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I followed this list, there was one folder that the computer wouldn't let me delete, I restarted the PC, started Origin (yay, worked!), repaired The Sims 4, started The Sims 4 and it says some of my packs were uninstalled!

Edit: I repaired the game a second time and now both Origin and The Sims works! So if you have problems with the game after trying to fix Origin, try to repair the game at least twice.

Spoiler
  • Completely log out and close down Origin
  • Hold down the Windows key and R
  • Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  • Now open the Origin folder.
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  • Hold down the Windows key and R
  • Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  • This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  • Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  • Open the Local folder here
  • Delete the Origin folder listed here
  • Restart your PC and log back into Origin
Message 1222 of 1,482 (820 Views)

Re: Origin won't show anything!!

★★★ Newbie

I went in to the origin folder a there is no local content what happened and what do I do

Message 1223 of 1,482 (842 Views)

Re: Origin won't show anything!!

@Theshadow2K5 

Foolow this guide, if a folder don't exist, move on to the next step.

• Close Origin completely.
    (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder.
    (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%AppData%" (without quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER
  • Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder.
  • In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on "AppData".
  • Open the "Local" folder.
  • Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder.
  • Restart your PC. > test
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 1224 of 1,482 (825 Views)

Re: MAC - Origin not Loading

★★ Novice

Hi,

I had a similar issue on my Mac and I tried all the troubleshooting suggestions for Mac, including re-installing and resets multiple times. Nothing seemed to work.

I contacted someone at EA, and although they tried to help me, they gave me all the same suggestions as before, and it still wasn't working.

Then, I contacted someone at Apple, and they said there was some kind of issue on my computer that was slowing it down and causing it not to load. (After the fact, I noticed there was a proxy setting in my Network settings that kept getting checked.) They recommended downloading malware that checks for a virus or something similar, and it removes it. This removed the issue that was slowing it down, and then Origin was able to load. 

This worked for me, and I hope it works for you! I'll be checking replies for the next few days so let me know if you need any help.

Message 1225 of 1,482 (1,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Lifesaver 😍 I didn’t think anything was going to work!! Thank you!!!
Message 1226 of 1,482 (997 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

does not work

Message 1227 of 1,482 (980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Report ID is: 1079eca1a01d2d7f

Message 1228 of 1,482 (1,176 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

107a2660c0054ba3

@Straatford87 wrote:

Hi all,

If you are experiencing Origin loading blank or without pictures, we'd love an Origin Error Report to help us investigate. Here is how you can do that:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-use-origin-error-reporting/

When you completed your report, please reply to this thread with the Report ID. If you're stuck in the meantime then a workaround is listed, here.

Thank you,

107a2660c0054ba3

Message 1229 of 1,482 (1,168 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My Report iD is 

107a2660c0054ba3

I use a MAC so the "workaround" solution does not help me. I have had this issue for almost one month now and it's getting quite frustrating. Please can you fix this issue asap

Message 1230 of 1,482 (1,160 Views)