Re: Origin Won't Load Fully

by TQuinTV

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Hi! I just bought the sims 4 and the same problem happened to me. I followed clearing the cache but i am having errors on deleting the folder saying it is open on another app so i can't further delete the contents. Any help on this?
Message 1361 of 1,482 (1,007 Views)

@Player_6pm8u6ne 

Reboot the Computer, try again without opening Origin or the game.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 1362 of 1,482 (1,399 Views)

Re: Origin not loading up properly?

Message 1363 of 1,482 (1,341 Views)

Re: Origin not loading properly

★★★ Newbie

Why does this keep happening? This grey loading screen is appearing more and more often. Especially after an update.

Message 1364 of 1,482 (2,407 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@KittyRoseTyler wrote:
@EA_DarkoI deleted the localcontent folder but I restored it, anyway, I can't delete some of the files. It says that they are open, HELP?

Did you manage to do it? I have the same problem. I could delete some files but not all, then I noticed that Origin was still "open" somehow although it wasn't started by me. Now I can't even close it when I right click on it. 🤔

Message 1365 of 1,482 (2,370 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Yeay it worked!! I also had problems with Origin not closing properly at first but I managed to get it to work by restarting the pc. And then I was able to delete all the necessary files.
Message 1366 of 1,482 (2,365 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @TezaG78.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 1367 of 1,482 (2,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you figure this out?  I'm having the same problem

Message 1368 of 1,482 (1,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I like how this is marked solved.  I'm getting the same thing.  New install.  Never used Origin before.  This is an amazing first-time customer experience.  I'm about to take a refund and walk away.

Edit:

Finally got it working.  Ran the installer as administrator.  It's a bad look to have a bug like this hitting so many people and going unresolved for so long.  I can understand why the publisher maintains such a poor reputation.

Message 1369 of 1,482 (1,118 Views)

Re: Origin Client Not Loading

★★ Novice
@EA_Barry I found that launching the update tool in the Origin folder and then starting up Origin fixes the non-update problem
Message 1370 of 1,482 (1,061 Views)