Re: Origin not loading up properly?

by GrumpyPotoo

Original Post

★ Novice

Uninstalled Origin, followed directions to clear all the stupid files and folders recommended, reinstalled origin and still get the same error "Sign in unavailable, please try again later" What a sham this process is.

Any OTHER source to down load the digital game, or Ill simply return it to Best By were I purchased it, and get my money back, and NEVER purchase another EA game again. ????

Message 1291 of 1,482 (676 Views)

@Jubilee8259 

Reset your internet explorer setting as described here.  > Test.

If that don't helps:

• Make sure Origin is closed.
  • Go here and download the "Revo Uninstaller". (The freeware version, Portable version works too.)
  • Run "Revo Uninstaller" > Uninstall Origin.
  • At the end of the main uninstall, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use. > Select "Moderate" > Browse.
  • If "Remaining registration content found" is displayed > Select All > Delete > Next
  • When "Remaining Data and Folders" is displayed > Select All (Make sure the "Origin Games" folder is not in the list) > Delete.
  • Restart the PC > Use the "Origininstaller.exe" I linked (220MB) > Run the installer as an Administrator. (Right click the "Origininstaller.exe" > Run as an Administrator)
  • Reboot > Test.

@rap2530

You need to contact EA directly.

The link to EA's Support is here. If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner.

Choose "Contact us" (Top Bar) and then Choose "Origin" from the list.

Choose PC > Choose "Manage my Account" > Can't log in.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 1292 of 1,482 (658 Views)

★ Novice

Don't you find this very illogical in order to get a paying customer to use a game. Shouldn't the source folks of Origin or EA simply get a stable source device to WORK properly, obviously they don't give a *.

It didn't work, and I hope they realize they (EA) will realize they will continue to loss customers do to this antiquated Origin source, just give us a link to download the frickin game, that we PAID for, period.

Thanks

Message 1293 of 1,482 (899 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Neither of those things changed anything.  Is there some other way to install the games and play them or am I better off just canceling my yearly access since the games are unusable for me and buying everything through steam instead? Or would I have to use origin client even if I bought the games through steam? Cause if that's the case I might as well not even buy ea games anymore. 

Message 1294 of 1,482 (817 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hi all,

We are still investigating this issue.

In the meantime, there's three confirmed solutions:

1. Clear your browser and Origin cache
  2. Update to the latest GPU drivers
  3. Disable proxy settings on your Windows or Mac system

If one of these resolves the issue for you, can you confirm?

Should the issue persist, could you please:

1. Open https://www.origin.com on your internet browser
  2. List your Origin store URL in this thread
  3. Open your browser console (F12 on Chrome) and take screenshots of the
    1. Console tab
    2. Errors tab
    3. Warnings tab

Please upload all your screenshots to this thread. Thank you for any information you'll be able to provide!

Message 1295 of 1,482 (809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 

The first three suggested solutions did not work for my MacBook Pro.  However, I did get the Origin app to work once I used the Origin Reset tool and followed the instructions that were given on the EA's How to reset Origin on Mac.  Using this method I was able to reset my cache files without needing to uninstall Origin or my games as a last-ditch effort.  Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Message 1296 of 1,482 (845 Views)

Re: Origin won't load

★★★ Newbie

I uninstall and reinstall Origin, problem is seem solved.

Message 1297 of 1,482 (807 Views)

★★★★ Novice

None of those three worked for me.  Here's the screenshots.  The website worked for me last week.  It won't load anymore either.

Message 1298 of 1,482 (781 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Nils I’m having the same problem it won’t let me play my sims 4 bc of the loading screen I had spent so much money on these sims game and if I can’t play them no more I would like all my money back ASAP
Message 1299 of 1,482 (766 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Weirdoball I already tried that still no luck Frown
Message 1300 of 1,482 (766 Views)