Re: Origin client and webpage white screen

by Gonira13

Original Post

Re: Origin on Desktop Client is stuck on loading screen.. help?

★★ Novice

Thankyou Ulybravo! Just went into origin properties in my program folder, and changed the compatiblity settings to run as administrator! Nice one!

Message 790 of 1,482 (3,267 Views)

★ Novice

my origin does this and never fully loads. anyone else have this problem?

Message 791 of 1,482 (2,382 Views)

★★ Novice

Worked for me sweet, after so many dumb threads that go off topic. 

just wanted origin. 

Message 792 of 1,482 (2,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice
For God's sake! Two years and you did nothing to stop this problem happening!!! I'm trying to connect with this travesty of a software for an entire day already to try to download the World Cup DLC. I did everything I could, cleared the cache, reboot, ran as admin, deactivated antivirus, reinstalled numerous times but it just won't show anything.

Origin webpage loads, but the client doesn't.

I want to play the games I bought and you just created a program to prevent me from this. Should I ask for a refund?
Message 793 of 1,482 (2,380 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Origin is constanstly getting in my way.

I had this same problem before. Had to search the web to discover how to clear the cache, and it worked.

It happened again after that, clearing the cache didn't help, the software was out of date but the update download kept hanging for 20 hours (!), twice (!), then I had to search the web to discover there's an offline installer. Reinstalled and it worked.

Now even all of this isn't working anymore.

Once I had to redownload a game and Origin restarted the download when it was over 80% complete thrice. I don't even remember what kind of trickery I had to do to be able to complete it.

And the games, once downloaded, are never the problem (technically speaking, at least). It's always Origin driving me crazy and making me want to choke every single person in EA's staff. It shouldn't be like that.

14 months ago, someone gave the excellent suggestion for a lite version in this very same thread. Tom said he would forward it, but nothing has changed and we're still here.

Enough is enough. As long as Origin is mandatory, I'm never buying an EA game again.
Message 794 of 1,482 (2,330 Views)

Re: Blank screen while trying to install Origin

★★ Guide

Hi...since the latest update to origin is wont work.

I log in and then everything is a blank screen. I have reloaded until I am blue in the face. Strangely I can still play my games (sims 4) but I have to open them through there icon on my desktop. The only issue being I haven't downloaded all my games and I have no way to update my game as it wont show my library. This is how is looks. I have deleted the Cache and deleted the old "originThinSetupInternal" as was suggested but still blank. I have turned my internet off and on etc. I have no idea why after the last origin update it is doing this? Is it a Win10 thing - there updates always seem to cause something to go wrong! 

origin not working.png

Message 795 of 1,482 (1,731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@snmzsafak: After deleting all the content in C: \ Users \ user \ AppData \ Local \ Origin, and temporarily disabling my antivirus, I was able to successfully run the Origin setup in Windows 8. Thanks for the tip

Message 796 of 1,482 (1,672 Views)

★★ Guide
Good News Update: uninstalled origin, reinstalled but allow beta version worked.

Just in case it helps anyone else Standard smile
Message 797 of 1,482 (1,662 Views)

Re: Origin won't load

★★ Novice
I have been dealing with the same issue over and over again! Your totally right this shouldn't be. How come I can't play my game when.I want to cause origin doesn't work! Its very frustrating!
Message 798 of 1,482 (3,878 Views)

★ Novice
i tried and it still dosen't work
Message 799 of 1,482 (1,739 Views)