Re: Origin does not start

by Straatford87

Original Post

EA DICE Team

@DlaSimy

Hey,

That is a long time - I'm sorry to hear that!

I would like to check up on this with you, but I would need some further information from you first. For example, when you say that Origin doesn't work, what exactly are you referring to; it crashes, doesn't load, or gives an error message?

In the meantime, here are our main information sources to get Origin running on any system:

Lastly, please create a new Origin Error Report as the previous one you posted is outdated.

Message 690 of 1,482 (1,203 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Sorry for my late response. 

My Origin is really vague. It sometimes opens like a box and at the top you would get "Origin", nothing more. It looks like Origin would work normally then but it doesn't. After a minute it goes to that there's a serious problem and Origin has to shut down (crash). If I would click on Restart Origin I would get a blank box and nothing would happen. If I close Origin and start it again, it goes straight to the blank box. Expect if I open Origin as an administrator, then the problem repeats and I get the box with Origin at the top again.

my report-ID is 

0bc411ff7010ae02 Standard smile 

Message 691 of 1,482 (1,144 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DlaSimy

The problem seems to stem from your graphics drivers not being updated:

Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
   Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
   Driver Date/Size: 9/2/2009 18:54:16, 5617664 bytes

Could you please your laptop manufacturer's website to see if driver updates are available?

If that doesn't help then try installing the old version of Origin:

• Download our old Origin client via https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy
  • Run the installer in Vista or XP SP2 compatibility mode (right-click installer -> Properties -> Compatibility)
  • Note that Store and Social functions are not available on this Origin version. Any purchases can still be made via the webstore on another device.

Please let me know if that helps Standard smile

Message 692 of 1,482 (1,114 Views)

Re: [Origin] Blank Screen on Login or Installation

★ Novice

I had that problem too.

I have Hp 620 laptop.Windows 7 home premium service pack 1 32 bit.

I did remove all of origin manually, updated microsoft visual cc++, removed cookies, updated windows, updated java, removed virus protection, removed Intel graphics media accelerator driver, installed as administrator older origin from https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy

I think that my broblem was my graphics card Intel graphics media accelerator, because when I deleted that driver I managed to install origin finally after struggling days

Message 693 of 1,482 (1,067 Views)

Re: [Origin] Blank Screen on Login or Installation

EA DICE Team

@SonyaLeafglade

Sorry to hear that you had to go through so much trouble. But thanks for detailing what solved it for you in the end!

Message 694 of 1,482 (1,044 Views)

Re: Origin client and webpage white screen

★★★ Newbie
Mine is on my laptop
Message 695 of 1,482 (1,202 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

I looked at acer's website, but unfortunately I can't find a graphic driver for my laptop (extensa 5235). I can find it on other websites but I don't trust that a lot... Tried downloading one from an other website but it's really vague so I deleted the file before installing the driver... Am I blind or is there really no graphic driver on acer's website for the model of my laptop?

edit; I downloaded Intels Driver Update Utility, but it couldn't find any more recent drivers for my laptop... Does that mean I can't have Origin on my laptop since there is no more recent graphic driver?

Message 696 of 1,482 (1,014 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DlaSimy

I don't think the new version of Origin will work, but you should still be able to install the old version as detailed in one of my previous posts:

• Download our old Origin client via https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy
  • Run the installer in Vista or XP SP2 compatibility mode (right-click installer -> Properties -> Compatibility)
  • Note that Store and Social functions are not available on this Origin version. Any purchases can still be made via the webstore on another device.

Do let me know if you have any further questions.

Message 697 of 1,482 (998 Views)

Re: Blank screen while trying to install Origin

★★★★★ Newbie

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE, PLS HELP

Message 698 of 1,482 (988 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

I have installed this setup for over 20 times now. (I'm not kidding, maybe even more...) The legacy version doesn't work. 

It automatically updates itself, even if I click on the version to not keep Origin up-to-date... Is there any other method I could try to make the legacy version work?

I'm really getting annoyed at this moment of Origin, not only because it doesn't work, but if I look on Origin.com I haven't played some games I played for over 8 months. (means that I have this problem for like 7/8 months now, but only started to google about it after a few months) It feels like I threw my money away. Because a) I can't play them. b) I have the feeling only a new laptop would be a solution at the moment, because even the legacy version won't work.

Message 699 of 1,482 (974 Views)