Re: Blank screen while trying to install Origin

by elijah833

Original Post

Re: I cannot install sims 4 on my pc

EA app Team

Hi @paddym1964,

I've merged your post here because you are having the same issue we are talking about in this thread. Please, take a look to this post by EA_Tom for possible solutions. Let us know if you need any help or have any questions about the steps in there.

-Mai

Message 490 of 1,482 (21,390 Views)

Re: [Origin] Blank Screen on Login or Installation

★★★★ Novice

Well I feel like a dumb S***, I fixed my problem by disabling Adfender. An add block program, completely forgot that i had it on my system.   Origin is now working......

Thanks for your help and putting up with me 

Steven

Message 491 of 1,482 (24,164 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Leromie

Hi Steven, glad to hear that you've got it resolved!

Thanks for sharing Standard smile

Message 492 of 1,482 (24,125 Views)

★ Novice

Just run it as Administrator

Message 493 of 1,482 (24,066 Views)

Origin - Blank Screen

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

I am having issues downloading origin... when I click download it sends me to origin setup and the screen is white. I cannot click on anything.. I have tried from

3 different PCs and im starting to think origin has gone down. any help please

Message 494 of 1,482 (156,940 Views)

Re: Origin Client showing blank white screen. Help!

Community Manager

@samanthajane1909

Please check the following post where further troubleshooting steps for this issue have been collected:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-Blank-Screen-on-Login-or-Installation/m-p/5597159#M223262

Do let us know which particular step(s) help you, if at all.

barry.png
Message 495 of 1,482 (34,896 Views)

Re: Origin does not start

★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 wrote:

@Leromie @Asus2014aberdeen

Are you running any security related programs on your system?

@Straatford87

Hi,

I have AVG Free anti virus, however I have tried disabling it before trying to install. The problem was still there.

Hope there is going to be a patched installable update for this soon?

Thanks,

Lewis

Message 496 of 1,482 (24,009 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same, my Sims 4 game is still installing I think, but I won't be able to play. My whole sims experience is tiring. Disappointed

Message 497 of 1,482 (23,951 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Literally experiencing the same thing and I am so pissed. I run Windows 10 and I can't even get to the damn loading screen. I went into this thinking it will be easy, its one download EA can't mess this up right............... I went in with such low expectations and EA still manages to go lower than that. I try to contact them they wont give me a number, I try to get a live chat I have to sit there waiting for an hour. Like honestly get your stuff together, I PAID for a game and yet I have to wait for you to fix a major problem. I am almost scared to see what happens if I ask for my money back, honestly wouldn't be to surprised if they mess that up too or if they decide not to give me anything at all. 

It was Easy and only took like 2 min. to pay for the game but when it comes time to deliver on the product EA makes me wait. Their welcoming when you have your cash out but not so much when you need help with their games.

Spoiler
WHY EA? WHY?
Message 498 of 1,482 (23,920 Views)

★★★ Novice

What website did you use to download origin 10?

I cant tell you how many times I downloaded it from the Origin website.

Message 499 of 1,482 (24,396 Views)