by nycbigl

Original Post

Re: [Origin][Solved] Blank Screen on Login or Installation

★★★★★ Novice

Fully fix with the following steps:

1. View hidden files and folders
2. Delete all content -> C: \ Users \ user \ AppData \ Local \ Origin
3. Delete all content -> C: \ Users \ user \ AppData \ Roaming \ Origin
4. Access to your browser (chrome in my case) and delete all Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files

In step 4, we will see the website of Origin correctly. (And to download the updated OriginThinSetup.exe).

(If it works Origin website in a browser and not in another, it is because we need to delete cookies and cache on this browser too)

With steps 1 through 3, we will install the app Origin and working properly.

Message 390 of 1,482 (19,369 Views)

Re: It's not letting me login to origin

EA Staff

@vanhellsing12 merged your thread with an exiting one we have on the issue!

Could you please try the steps Tom recommended in this post?

Message 391 of 1,482 (12,664 Views)

Origin white screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

All white , cant play   

Message 392 of 1,482 (29,138 Views)

Re: Blank screen while trying to install Origin

★ Guide

@Straatford87 wrote:

This issue is still under investigation - to make sure that everyone sees this post I will mark it as a solution. If a certain step resolved the issue for you, then please create a post and state which specific step provided the resolution.

Please first follow the below steps if you are experiencing a Blank Origin Window on Installation or Login.

If you are on an older system with outdated drivers:

• Download our old Origin client via https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy
  • Run the installer in Vista or XP SP2 compatibility mode (right-click installer -> Properties -> Compatibility)
  • Note that Store and Social functions are not available on this Origin version. Any purchases can still be made via the webstore on another device.

If the issue remains then we are looking for log files of your connection:

• Your public IP address (this can be obtained by opening http://www.whatsmyip.org/ on your browser).
  • Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard and type "cmd," now type the below lines, one at a time, and press enter after each:
    ping origin.com
    tracert www.origin.com
    telnet www.origin.com 443 (If successful a blank screen will appear, otherwise a timeout error).

(To use the Telnet function you have to install it via Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features - Turn Windows Feature on or off - check the box next to Telnet.)

You can take a screenshot of all separate results and upload this to the thread: select Reply -> Choose File. You can also just paste the results.

Further workarounds provided by players (click on the Spoiler tag to view the posts)

Posted by @snmzsafak:

Spoiler

I had that problem for two weeks and today I managed to fix it while trying to fix something else.

My PC had a virus which made CMD window pop up and close suddenly every minute and it was annoying as hell.

So I tried to run some antivirus programs. I realized there was something blocking my PC to run or download any antivirus program.

After trying to fix this for four and half hours I managed to fix it. I also tried Origin Setup and it worked too. 

So, whatever was blocking antivirus programs was also blocking Origin setup.

Here is what i did:

I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to another PC (I wasn't able to download it to my PC because of the virus), and copied the downloaded exe file to my external hard drive.

I booted my PC on Safe Mode, ran Malwarebytes exe from my external hard drive, after setup Malwarebytes worked properly on Safe Mode.

Scanned my PC and found poopload of problems.

After scan Malwarebytes deleted the infected files and rebooted my PC.

Don't forget to run the scan in safe mode.

Maybe you don't have the same virus but give it a shot, it worked for me.

Everything worked properly after that, including Origin.

Origin setup ran properly, I signed in to origin and origin successfully verified all game files.

I can't tell you how happy I am right now.

Problems are solved, now I can finally play BF1 and FIFA 17

Hope this helps.

Posted by @Faux_Grey (make sure the time and date on your system are correct):

Spoiler

Hi, I recently had this problem too,

Turns out I was being pretty stupid.

My computer's Date/time was incorrect, so origin's SSL certificate was being rejected by the QTwebplugin and it doesn't appear to have an error code for it.

After setting my computer's date and time correctly, origin was able to connect to the server in order to present me with a logon page. Standard smile

Nope, still didn't work for me. I also noticed that as soon as I downloaded the old version it began to update itself automatically.  So frustrated! EA keeps saying they solved the problem but not only am I still having the same problem and am unable to play my Sims3 but from what I see a ton of people are still crying out all over the internet (Facebook, Twitter, EA support and Answer HQ) saying that the blank page problem is still happening to them. PLEASE, we payed a lot of money for these games. If we can't play them then give us our money back.

Message 393 of 1,482 (12,692 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Kristi wrote:

@vanhellsing12 merged your thread with an exiting one we have on the issue!

Could you please try the steps Tom recommended in this post?

I just tried it and it still didn't work for me. Frown

Message 394 of 1,482 (12,692 Views)

★ Guide

Ever since the last updated Origin has not worked for me and I can not play the Sims 3 or any game what so ever anymore. I have uninstalled Origin and reinstalled it 5 times now. I even took the advice that were given in your Answer HQ by installing the older version and nothing works. I have reported it 3 times through Origins and EA and have gotten no response. I have done the crash report more times than I have fingers and toes. I even reported it through your official Facebook and Twitter accounts and still no response.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK! What is the point if I can't I can play any kind of game? And I will NOT buy a new computer. I can't afford it! I am unemployed because I am my elderly father's full time caretaker.

This is unfair and it's becoming criminal because you took our money and now we can't use what we bought. Disappointed Angry

Message 395 of 1,482 (12,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

FINALLY!!!!

I managed to figure out with my bad low tech brain how to get it work. I have been trying to take the advice of several people here on this thread on how to get it to work but they kept leaving out certain details.

• Download our old Origin client via https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy  (I got that far but I just couldn't figure out how to do the next part)
  • Run the installer in Vista or XP SP2 compatibility mode (right-click installer -> Properties -> Compatibility) (FIRST you right click on the downloaded installer then click properties then go to the compatibility tab then switch it to Vista XP (Service Pack 2), after you have done that you can exit out of the properties box and click on the installer and run it.
  • Note that Store and Social functions are not available on this Origin version. Any purchases can still be made via the webstore on another device. (They are not kidding. You can't do anything. But your game will run now. It will ask you to update your game to a newer version but we all know what will happen. You'll be back to where you started in this dumb mess.          

I know, some of you tech savvy kids are probably smacking your head at me but I am about to turn 50 in February and when I went to High School back in the late 70s to the beginning of the 80s I took typing classes. Home computers was still a brand new thing. Heck, I didn't get a computer till the year 2000 when my brother bought me a 64 MB one. That was my very first computer. Embarrassed  In my fashion college back in the early 1990s  they made us take an introduction course for computers but there was no real hands on instruction. They only taught us about the difference between bits and MB and GB. TB and above wasn't discussed. I guess it wasn't invented yet. Or at least I don't remember it. LOL! Wink

To those of you who had tried to help me and were so patient with my stupid outdated slow brain, I thank you very much!!! You rock! Heart Bless you all!!! Standard smile

Message 396 of 1,482 (12,648 Views)

Re: Origin white screen

EA DICE Team

@Mr_NyahbingimaN

Hi,

We've currently got two main threads about this issue:

Both threads should offer you further information.

Message 397 of 1,482 (29,118 Views)

★ Novice

That solution doesn't work because it auto updates the client and makes it useless again.

Message 398 of 1,482 (29,113 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Ok @Jaydbk

Maybe you need to try this step:

Clear Origin cache and for this you get a perfectly detailed post from @EA-Nils>>http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/my-origin-will-not-update-my-sims-4/m-p/4721983#M163410

Retired champion.
Message 399 of 1,482 (29,097 Views)