Re: Blank screen while trying to install Origin

★ Apprentice

@holger1405

It didnt work on the Ethernet Cable.

And my network is set to public

Message 231 of 1,482 (1,029 Views)

@TheManMist

Did you reboot after connecting the network cable?

Also shut down your Windows firewall and disable the real-time scanner of your antivirus software. (Do it anyway, even if you tested it before. It's just for testing purpose, don't forget to activate the firewall and the antivirus software later on.)

I will take a look at your DXDiag, but that will take some time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 232 of 1,482 (1,025 Views)

★ Apprentice

@holger1405

Okay no problem take your time Standard smile

Ill try disabling firewall and rebooting the pc

Message 233 of 1,482 (1,023 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TheManMist

There are a lot of Windows Update errors in the DxDiag. Try the solution from this MS forums entry.

This could very well be the problem, make sure your Windows is up to date.  

Also set your GeForce 940M to the Main GPU for Origin in the Nvidia Control Panel. (an example, replace Autodesk with Origin.) > reboot

Set the GeForce 940M as global render device if above don't works. 

I couldn't find any problems with your Network in there, but that is not surprising, it's simply very little about the network configuration in there.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 234 of 1,482 (997 Views)

Re: Origin installation/login blank white window

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am new to Origin so this is my first time trying to install Origin. I am getting the white box too. I don't believe it's a problem with my internet since I am able to install Origin on my newer Windows 10 laptop. The laptop in question is running Windows 7.  I know one person has pointed out that they are able to close the white window by clicking where the X is in the upper right corner. I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the window is a functioning window (at least on my computer). By following along on my Windows 10 laptop and knowing where to click I am able to install on my Windows 7 laptop. (It seems so anyway since after following the process I can find Origin among my installed programs.) I still can't see anything, however. I believe I'm getting to the sign in screen (the mouse arrow changes in the same manner as on my Windows 10 screen which is why I believe so), but I haven't figured out how to get beyond that point.

I'm not sure if this is at all helpful...

Message 235 of 1,482 (990 Views)

★ Apprentice

@holger1405

Still it doesnt work

Message 236 of 1,482 (965 Views)

Re: Origin 10 has a blank screen

EA DICE Team

@tohru1529

Is Origin installed on the same HDD as Windows? Have you reinstalled drivers on your new HDD or just copied over files?

Message 237 of 1,482 (2,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would really love a solution to this. I believe Origin updated automatically and since then, I have not been able to even get to a log in screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I have even reinstalled windows and starting fresh with the DVD's as well as downloading Origin from their website.

I have been messing with this for days and am incredibly frustrated after spending $40 on software that does not work.

Just a heads up, I am running Windows 7, fully updated and my computer surpasses all minimum requirements.  Also, I've tried every recommended quick fix or option listed in all threads.

Thanks in advance.

Message 238 of 1,482 (2,828 Views)

EA DICE Team

@CourtJoe13

Would you mind adding a dxdiag to your reply for me? It will allow me to have a closer look at your system.

Message 239 of 1,482 (2,825 Views)