Re: Blank screen while trying to install Origin

by TheManMist

Original Post

Re: Origin 10 has a blank screen

★★★★ Novice

i have window 7 with a new hard drive I want to play my sims. I tried to reinstall it and I can't see anything but a black screen.

Message 220 of 1,482 (2,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem, but Origin started messing up for me when I downloaded Sims 4 Demo. Guess when I went to sleep after playing a bit, it updated and messed up. It didn't do nothing like this before downloading the new update nor Sims 4 (Which I believe is not the problem but could be). I hope they get it fixed soon because I play Sims 3 only and thats the reason for having Origin for me. I worked too hard on my saves on Sims 3. I also payed too much money for the Sims 3 (I have alot of them ;3; ) about $140 to much. Please EA, get it fixed soon.

Message 221 of 1,482 (1,184 Views)

Re: Origin 10 has a blank screen

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

By me this appears most frequently when I wake up the Win 7 after sleep. With regular shutdown and restart it doesn't seem to have this problem. There are other strange things here as well, when I have this error and quit from origin, it does not close the process as it normally does, it just removes the icon from the bar next to the clock, but I can still see the process in the task manager. After that I can start several origin processes and they are active for about a few mins. After that they close themselves and only the first one stays open. I am not sure how this happens. It is just interesting, since normally only a single origin process is running even if I start origin several times.

Message 222 of 1,482 (2,851 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem all of you are having !!!! EA is treating us like * its been a long while since the update and the issues came but they fixed nothing !!

BTW i contacted their stupid and *ty Customer support MORE THAN 7 TIMEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!! guess what happened ??!!! NOTHING 

i tried every single suloution there is !!!! im sooo tired of this misery !!!!!!

i paid real frecking life money on my games !!!!!!! EA its soooo easy just let us use previous updates that worked like a charm until you and your stupid new update came along !!!

Message 223 of 1,482 (1,131 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have bought pretty much every sims expansion pack there is from the sims 2 to the sims 3 and now 4 and the fact that its not working because of origin (where I never had to play my sims games from before the sims 4) is extremely annoying and should be fixed by now! It has honestly been a month since ive realized this problem and if EA or origin doesnt fix this soon I want a refund on every game I have ever purchased from them. 

Message 224 of 1,482 (1,114 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'd like to exactly point out my problem.
I use my home's wifi connection on my pc.. For a period of a month i used an internet usb dongle or internet stick (whatever you wanna call it) instead of my home's wifi. Origin worked perfectly well on that.. So now that i no longer have the dongle, i've started using the wifi again and now im facing the blank screen issue.. I waited for around 2 weeks (thought it was a bug and EA would fix it). But then just for an experiment, i took the origin setup on my flash drive and opened it on my brother's laptop (he has a different wifi connection). And it worked! It worked on his pc but it doesnt work on mine! Idk the reason.. I've reseted the network settings and everything related to networks on my laptop but the issue wont go away!
So this is my problem.. Please give a solution!

Things i've tried .
Clean booted my pc
Cleared the cache and everything
Deleted old origin files (origin isnt installed now)
Contacted 3 ea advisors
Checked antivirus, firewall and everything and theyre totally fine

Still it aint working.. Please anyone?
Message 225 of 1,482 (1,090 Views)

★ Apprentice

well i tried the tracert and telnet thing.. Here are the results

C:\Users\Manav Mehul Mistry>ping origin.com

Pinging origin.com [23.211.195.141] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 23.211.195.141: bytes=32 time=317ms TTL=59
Reply from 23.211.195.141: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=59
Reply from 23.211.195.141: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=59
Reply from 23.211.195.141: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=59

Ping statistics for 23.211.195.141:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 14ms, Maximum = 317ms, Average = 92ms

C:\Users\Manav Mehul Mistry>tracert origin.com

Tracing route to origin.com [23.211.195.141]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     3 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2     3 ms     7 ms     2 ms  qcpl-254-120-249-103.qcplnet.com [103.249.120.254]
  3     4 ms     2 ms     6 ms  qcpl-2-120-249-103.qcplnet.com [103.249.120.2]
  4     8 ms     5 ms     7 ms  182.74.24.93
  5    16 ms    19 ms    14 ms  125.21.80.102
  6    15 ms    15 ms    21 ms  a23-211-195-141.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [23.211.195.141]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Manav Mehul Mistry>telnet www.origin.com
Connecting To www.origin.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

Message 226 of 1,482 (1,004 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TheManMist

The problem seams to be with your wifi.

You said your brother has a different wifi connection. Does that mean that he is in a different network?

Can you connect your PC with a LAN cable to your router? That would show if the problem is only within the Wi-Fi network.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 227 of 1,482 (874 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Holger1405

Yes my brother has a different wifi.. We have the same ISP but he has a different connection.. I went to his place today and connected his wifi on MY LAPTOP (previosuly i had tried on HIS PC), still i had that blank screen issue..

So to see if its a problem with my wifi, i took the setup on my dad's laptop and i didnt have the issue there although we use the same wifi!

By lan cable you mean an Ethernet cable right? Yes i do have it and i'll connecting it.

P.S Origin used to work on wifi before.. Idk why it doesnt now!

Please guide me

Message 228 of 1,482 (1,026 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TheManMist

TheManMist wrote:

By lan cable you mean an Ethernet cable right? Yes i do have it and i'll connecting it.

Is it working on the Ethernet cable?

Please create a DxDiag and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Also look if your network is set to private.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 229 of 1,482 (1,023 Views)