Origin on Desktop Client is stuck on loading screen.. help?

by Csosw33t

Original Post

Re: Origin installation/login blank white window

★★★ Newbie

I got it. (was not smth with the Ports)

My Solution:
I set in Kaspersky under "More Functions" -> "Program Control" -> "Manage Programs"-> "Restrictions" -> "ELECRONIC ARTS" -> "Origin" -> "Details and Rules" -> "Exceptions" -> checkmark at "not control activity of the sub programs" -> and "SAVE"

In German:
"Weitere Funktionen" -> "Programmkontrolle" -> "Programme Verwalten" -> "Beschränkungen" -> "ELECTRONIC ARTS" -> "Origin" ->  "Details und Regeln" -> "Ausnahmen" -> Häkchen bei "Aktivität der Unterprogramme nicht kontrollieren" -> und "Speichern"

[I Hope that you (who using Kaspersky) can find it, cause my Translation from my Program (i run it in German) is maybe not exactly equal with the english Version. All who are using a other Security Program have to search it by there own. If that doesnt work, try to disable other control/monitoring settings(Or equal settings, decides waht your program is offering for options).]

Message 30 of 1,482 (11,315 Views)

Origin on Desktop Client is stuck on loading screen.. help?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

When I launch the Origin Client from my desktop, it launches but it is stuck on a light grey screen with a loading circle that seems to just never fully load, its stuck, please help. Heart

Message 31 of 1,482 (36,688 Views)

Re: Origin on Desktop Client is stuck on loading screen.. help?

EA Staff

@Csosw33t Could you please try the steps below: 

1. Manually uninstall Origin
  2. Run CCleaner
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot
  4. Download a fresh setup file and install the client
  5. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  6. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

Let us know how this goes!

Message 32 of 1,482 (36,668 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same issue here with the white blank client screen...

And yes, Intel HD Graphics...

Message 33 of 1,482 (11,292 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hmm. I wonder if Intel graphics chipset is a commonality with this? My laptop with the problem uses Intel, while the mainbox has a Radeon card and works fine. Possibly not the anti-virus, as I use Avast. I'm not sure if the open ports would be a cause, since in my case it worked for all previous use up to this last update. Since we're seeing reports of Win8 and Win10 users with the issue, I don't think using Win7 is a factor anymore.

To the EA rep...tried both the regular Thin installer, and the Beta the main download page sends you to, and had the same lack of results with both.

Could use a repeat of the instructions for just what and how to send that dxdiag info in, as I'm posting this on the mainbox and not the laptop. Thanks.

Message 34 of 1,482 (10,718 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The dxdiag report is attached

Message 35 of 1,482 (10,329 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't have any antivirus installed on my pc. I have already disabled the FIREWALL completely. Still doesn't work.

@abhishek030592 wrote:

The dxdiag report is attached

Message 36 of 1,482 (10,312 Views)

Re: Blank screen while trying to install Origin

★★ Apprentice

I desire to make this perfectly clear. Just in case any Community managers or Public relations employees actually acknowledge our existence.

I only installed origin to play simcity. A game i was totally addicted to.

Then i discover "Cities: Skyline" marketed as "everything simcity should've been"

I buy it and hop in, my computer cant run it at all, my specs could not handle it in the slightest.

But i could handle Simcity just fine.

fast forward to THIS nightmare.
Now neither of them function.

and today i flat out bought a brand new, custom order, Cyberpower PC, i dont remember its specs, but my buddy says its good * and will capable of so much more than what ive got.

Guess what im going to be playing the hell out of once it arrives.

Trick question, im upgrading to Cities.
Steam wouldnt betray us like this.

Steam gives a damn about its users.

Message 37 of 1,482 (9,959 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Holger1405 Here's my DxDiag. Also attatched an image of what it looks like (Blank window, not much to look at..)

Also tried starting after disabling anti-virus and firewalls.

@Straatford87, tried downloading the lastest beta client, no luck. My partner is running the same update just fine on his W10 PC so it's not a network problem. 

Message 38 of 1,482 (10,266 Views)

@anishakalila @abhishek030592

Ok, @abhishek030592 runs a Windows 8 system with an Intel GPU, so it seams that that the Origin Team is on the right track here as @Straatford87 mentioned before.

For the guys that don't have a Intel GPU and have access to another system on the same network, do what Tom also mentioned and install Origin on that other System to see if it works.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 39 of 1,482 (10,248 Views)