Re: Origin not loading properly

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Re: Origin Client Blank

★★★★ Novice

Reinstalled VC++ libraries as directed and installed newest versions from Microsoft's website and still no joy.

Message 871 of 1,482 (21,540 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Kupo114

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work Frown

However, I do have a few more tricks up my sleeve that you might want to test out:

• Delete file openglblacklist.json from C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin\platforms folder

• Completely clear those folders: 
    C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\origin\origin\cache\QtWebEngine\Default\Cache\ and <C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\origin\Web Cache\

• Delete folder SelfUpdate from C:\ProgramData\Origin\SelfUpdate and restart Origin.

• Delete file OriginThinSetupInternal.exe from w C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin\

/Ataashi

Message 872 of 1,482 (21,524 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Quick update:

After restarting multiple times since installing those VC++, I began to download updated video drivers and, in the middle of the download (NO installation yet), Origin started loading properly. It worked for a day and I kept an eye on it because this has happened before. Drivers installed and it continued functioning properly. Then today, Origin was only partially loading (see screenshot). Nothing that I can see has changed, no other updates since then as far as I can tell. Was not connected to the internet all night for anything to download. 

Will try your other solutions as soon as I can and report back. Thank you for your ongoing support!

Message 873 of 1,482 (21,492 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Well, since my last reply Origin has been running smoothly and loading just like it should. The last change I had made was to update my video card drivers (I didn't realize they were so out of date!)

I'll continue to keep an eye on it and will save the rest of the solutions you've provided for me in case it starts acting up again. But I'm optimistic!

Thank you again for all the help and have a great holiday!
Message 874 of 1,482 (21,444 Views)

Re: Origin not loading up properly?

★★★ Newbie

it wont let me delete logs in program data

Message 875 of 1,482 (96,311 Views)

Origin not loading properly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've had this problem for at least 2 days. What happens is origin opens and once in the application it's stuck at this grey loading screen, no matter how long I've left it, looked up tutorials no one really has a fix for this problem.Would appreciate any help

Message 876 of 1,482 (102,660 Views)

Community Manager

Nothing worse that when you see issues such as this @XxDaitrexXx.

Good news is that generally, it's a pretty easy fix.

First thing to do is try to cleat the Origin cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 877 of 1,482 (102,602 Views)

Community Manager

What does it say when you try to delete them @bipumpout?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 878 of 1,482 (96,233 Views)

★★★ Novice

You are a life saver thank you so much!!

Message 879 of 1,482 (102,563 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko Mine does this too... it says the Log folder is open in another program, Origin, yet origin won't even open for me despite clearing all cache's, reinstalling the app 10 times and scouring the internet for hours.

Message 880 of 1,482 (96,071 Views)