Origin not launching (PC)

by s_stutler

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin not launching (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

It has been almost a week now, since my Origin stopped launching. It worked prior to the recent Origin update. I first started getting a popup to insert a disc to start Origin into Disc Drive D: (I looked into this, and some found success with disabling their SD Card Drive - I tried this, but it did not stop the popup about the disc) - Next there were tips to soft uninstall and reinstall Origin. (Going thru Programs and Features - I did this to no success, several times) - Next. Update C++ software. I went through and updated or repaired all of the following: 2008 (x64 & x86)  - 2010 (x64 & x86) - 2012 (x68 & x86) - 2013 (x64 & x86) - 2015 (x64 & x86) - 2017 (x64 & x86). I did this at the suggestion of an EA page. I then went through (again) and repaired, updated, or installed them all. Once I did this, I then started to get a popup saying that "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-i1-1-0.dll" was missing.

SO. I then found that file through Microsoft, downloaded it, and placed it into the Origin folder. After this, I got a popup claiming the, "api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll" was missing (found and placed that) - Then I got another popup, this time the, "api-ms-win-convert-l1-1-0.dll" file was missing. (found and placed that) - THEN. Another popup, the "ap-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll" was missing.. -sigh- (found and placed that) - and then ANOTHER popup.Now missing "api-ms-win-drt-heap-l1-1-0.dll" is now missing. (Found and placed that) - AND NOW. I get the popup, "Application is unable to launch correctly (error 0X000007b) - Upon looking this error up, I was instructed to run an SFC/scannow (<< I did this, received no errors or missing information. Same error still pops up. 

At this point, I became so completely frustrated that i did a complete Hard uninstall, (Following a step by step instruction on EA's page - going through the Regedit files and removing all traces of Origin.. and then I reinstalled Origin.

I got the initial popup about (Runtime) missing.. so I  placed it into the (program Files(86) > Origin folder, and am now getting the same error about the application not being able to load correctly. (When I get this error, Origin does not load at all, it simply refuses to open) - 

At this point, I am completely at a loss, and am reaching out to the Sims Community. I can play my Sims games. But. I cannot update it. This is a minor annoyance. It's more annoying that i have to have a fully patched game for many of the mods and cc I have in my game to show up. 

-Anyway, if anyone has any ideas I haven't tried yet, please let me know. I'm completely desperate at this point, and don't know what to do. Frown 

Message 1 of 4 (345 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin not launching (PC)

★★★★ Apprentice

Soo.. this was my first post, and it was super long. AND. It got marked as spam. LOL.. Sooo I made another shorter post, but I left this one up just in case.. since it had to much info in it. 

But. I'm back to say that i have FOUND A SOLUTION !!! :D 

The newest version of Origin is bugged !!! ... (for some people, including me) 

Literally the ONLY thing that works, is uninstalling the newest Origin and downloading the old version. EA has made it available, but its also on FileHippo.. you want 

10.5041.27263 for Windows OS. (If you have MAC, search MAC, i'm sure its on there, but I didn't look) 

Alright. Thats it !! I'm off to play Sims now.. its been a long week looking for a solution !!! Happy to announce i finally found it !!! :eahigh_file:

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (318 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey sorry for that @s_stutler  it happens sometimes bigger post gets hit by our spam system but should be fine now. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 4 (341 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic Awesome. Thanks a bunch. I wondered if I typed too much. LOL. I made another post about it, and it was shorter. I'll keep that in mind for future postsStandard smile
Message 3 of 4 (323 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Soo.. this was my first post, and it was super long. AND. It got marked as spam. LOL.. Sooo I made another shorter post, but I left this one up just in case.. since it had to much info in it. 

But. I'm back to say that i have FOUND A SOLUTION !!! :D 

The newest version of Origin is bugged !!! ... (for some people, including me) 

Literally the ONLY thing that works, is uninstalling the newest Origin and downloading the old version. EA has made it available, but its also on FileHippo.. you want 

10.5041.27263 for Windows OS. (If you have MAC, search MAC, i'm sure its on there, but I didn't look) 

Alright. Thats it !! I'm off to play Sims now.. its been a long week looking for a solution !!! Happy to announce i finally found it !!! :eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 4 (319 Views)