Re: Origin not installing on Windows 10

by lkate17

Original Post

When i download origin and open the setup it gives me the error '0xc00007b'

★ Novice

I recently got a new pc and when i downloaded origin and tried to set it up it gave me the errors 'msvcp140.dll is missing' and 'vcruntime140.dll is missing'. After i fixed these errors i got the error '0xc00007b'. I have tried to fix this error for a week now and i cant find the solution. I have tried everything to fix this but haven't had any luck. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they have succeeded in fixing it.

Message 11 of 40 (3,917 Views)

origin installation

★★★ Newbie

Please help. I am trying to play sims 4 and recently attempted to download origin. It keeps saying MSVCP140.DLL is missing i've tried to follow youtube videos but nothing is workingFrown

Message 12 of 40 (3,905 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Rikkiti Thank you
Message 13 of 40 (3,897 Views)

msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

I reinstalled windows which removed the Origing installation from my PC. However all my games were kept on my HDD. Now when I try to install the OriginThinSetup.exe it tells me i'm missing msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll. I've seen suggestions to download them and add them to the Origin folder in program files, but that doesn't exist?

Message 14 of 40 (3,872 Views)

★★ Novice

EAAA, ORIGIIN !!!!! 

Solution??????

Message 15 of 40 (3,807 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi all!

So, the latest Origin installer from official EA/Origin site have these dll problems.

I tried many options (like visual studio installing 2010,2013, .. 2019), but they did not work, just this one:

https://origin.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions

I downloaded the 10.5.57 version, and could install Origin, and now i am downloading sims 4.

I think i will have lot of problem with this software.

ea, pls----

Message 16 of 40 (3,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Download both 64 and 32 bit and things would start working.

Message 17 of 40 (3,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked!

Message 18 of 40 (3,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I could not for the LIFE of me figure out how to get Origin to work.  Literally had been furious for hours.  Then I got to this platform and read your post and it worked like magic.  I am so glad I somehow managed to get here and read this because I can finally play Sims 3.  

Message 19 of 40 (3,546 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Worked this time, installed both 32 bit and 64 bit, finally fixed it!

Message 20 of 40 (3,310 Views)